Pro-106 and Rebanding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastrocks400

Is there a way to set the pro-106 to auto reband? I figure there is a way to do it other than manually lower the other frequencies by (15mhz, right?)

Thanks in advance.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Is there a way to set the pro-106 to auto reband? I figure there is a way to do it other than manually lower the other frequencies by (15mhz, right?)

Thanks in advance.

Well, first off, rebanding isn't [necessarily] as simple as "lowering the other frequencies by 15 Mhz." Not all frequencies will be dropped 15 Mhz lower... some will change completely. This depends upon the frequencies currently in use on the system, activity around your area on [what would be] the 15 Mhz lower frequencies, etc.

And, as far as specifically setting up a TSYS to designate that the system has been rebanded, there is not a single setting that you magically change on the scanner that designates the system as rebanded.

If you are manually programming the scanner, you have to go into the TSYS object of the newly rebanded system and go to the "T Tables" option, set it to "Custom", and then edit the Trunking Tables.

What the trunking tables should look like is best seen at the following URL:

Custom Band Plans - UtahRadio

I always use the second Custom Bandplan shown at the above URL and I use only the first two tables:

Code:
Lo Chan Hi Chan   Offset    Base Freq     Step
440     559       440       851.025000    25.000
0       719       0         851.012500    25.000

It only takes a few minutes to make the changes manually. If you are using a program such as PSREdit or Win500, there are options in those programs to designate the system as rebanded and set the appropriate bandplan before uploading the system to your scanner.

Mike

eastrocks400

Thanks a lot. I decided to do it manually and just drop everything 15mhz. (yes it is in my area.)

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Very good explanation by Mtindor, if your rebanding a Motorola Type11 System, but if its a P25 9600baud you only need to drop the freqys....

Status
Not open for further replies.