Pro-106 and Wash DC Metro Train Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwsmith59

Hi, I have a Pro-106 scanner (PSR-500 RS Clone) and I am trying to listen to the Metro System subway trains. I programmed the scanner with the control channels and with the "Analyze" feature can see the system ID and I am getting a 99% signal. I created a "Wildcard" talk group object but I cannot receive any activity what-so-ever. I have switched back and forth between Mot 900/800 and Mot UHF/VHF trunking systems but I still cannot hear any activity. If I listen on the trunking system non-control channel freqs I can hear many Metro System radio traffic transmissions. But in normal scanning mode or when in manual mode on the Wildcard object I recieve nothing. I do get the indicator the "T" "G" and full signal strength indicators.
Thanks

jeffkraussws

The Metro trains operate on railroad frequencies in the 160 MHz range, conventional analog FM simplex.
You should be able to hear the dispatchers, but you won't hear the train operator unless you are very close to the train.

jwsmith59

Thanks, I can hear them on VHF but I want to listen to their trunking system which has a lot more traffic. I can hear them when I manually put in one of there UHF trunking channels but I cant get the scanner to follow the trunking system automatically in scan and wildcard mode.

DonS

Did you set the trunking tables for the TSYS object? Without them, the scanner won't be able to calculate the voice channel frequencies, and therefore won't trunk out to the actual calls.

EDIT: the above presumes this is a UHF Motorola system, like this one

jeffkraussws

Are you talking about the Washington DC Metro system?
If so, here's the table:
380 759 380 489.087500 25.000

But all I've ever heard is buses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.