Pro 106 and WX same led latch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshepherd3

With the Radio Shack Pro-106 (and Pro-197) set to receive WX SAME broadcasts, is there a way to set the LED to quit blinking when an alert is over and the scanner go back to monitoring for the next weather warning?
I have found the settings to latch/unlatch the LED for items in scan lists, but not for the weather service broadcast frequencies.

Thanks!-Frank

QDP2012

With the Radio Shack Pro-106 (and Pro-197) set to receive WX SAME broadcasts, is there a way to set the LED to quit blinking when an alert is over and the scanner go back to monitoring for the next weather warning?
I have found the settings to latch/unlatch the LED for items in scan lists, but not for the weather service broadcast frequencies.

Thanks!-Frank

I think the LED-Latch behavior during the Weather-alert mode is not adjustable, because it is intended to indicate (until a human intervenes) that a Weather-alert has been sent, even if the radio has gone quiet again. If I remember correctly, pressing the button for "STBY" will quiet and reset the radio, but I would have to check to verify that.

In case you haven't seen the "Easier to Read" manual here is a link to it. Maybe it can help give more detail:

Easier to Read Manual for RS 106...

Hope this helps,

SCPD

QRT
WX SAME

I have a PRO106 & i found out when i program the W X / SAME on my scanner, & go back to scan & then go back to check W X / SAME, it has been DE-ACTIVATED by going back to scanning. I also found out that the PRO106 can NOT do 2 things at same time. You have to ether scan or keep it on W X / SAME. Does this help ?
jbxfire

Status
Not open for further replies.