Pro-106 CPU SW Upgrade/Wait for PC/IF

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoproud

I want to plug my scanner in to my computer and fix it. But, when I turn off the scanner and hold down PGM it loads with CPU SW Upgrade and the bottom line says Wair for PC/IF. Can someone give me step by step directions to fix it please?

ka8zay

Feed Provider
I want to plug my scanner in to my computer and fix it. But, when I turn off the scanner and hold down PGM it loads with CPU SW Upgrade and the bottom line says Wair for PC/IF. Can someone give me step by step directions to fix it please?

Can you be more particular to what you mean by "fix it" by plugging it into your computer.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

I think you need to give us a lot more information as to what you mean by "fix it". We really have no idea what you mean by that. If you don't want the "CPU SW Upgrade " message to appear (if you are not trying to update the firmware), don't hold down the PGM key when you turn the scanner on. If you are trying to update the firmware, follow the directions that came with the firmware download.

If you are trying to program the scanner with your computer, do you have the correct cable for your scanner? Do you have the correct drivers for the cable? What software program are you using?

Last edited:

wyoproud

Apologies for the bluntness in my words. This is my first post to a forum practically. But, I am using the cable that came with the software that I purchased from radio shack. I am not using the small little conversion cable that came with it being that I have the Pro - 106.

I guess I just want to be able to see my scanner in the software that came with the disk.

I know nothing about computers and (as sad and pathetic as this is) need step by step help on achieving my goal to be able to have the program recognize my Pro-106 scanner so I can add some freqs as well as using the "Virtual" viewer in the ARC500 Software.

Thanks guys,

-wyoproud

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Apologies for the bluntness in my words. This is my first post to a forum practically. But, I am using the cable that came with the software that I purchased from radio shack. I am not using the small little conversion cable that came with it being that I have the Pro - 106.

I guess I just want to be able to see my scanner in the software that came with the disk.

I know nothing about computers and (as sad and pathetic as this is) need step by step help on achieving my goal to be able to have the program recognize my Pro-106 scanner so I can add some freqs as well as using the "Virtual" viewer in the ARC500 Software.

Thanks guys,

-wyoproud

Seems like an easy question, but the step by step instructions for a complete beginner would be way too numerous to list here in one reply.

Follow these links for some exellent instructions, if there are terms pertaining to computer operation that you don't understand, you'll have to consult your computer's owners manual on those.

This link is properly titled "Scanning 101"

Scanning 101 - The RadioReference Wiki

This link will explain how the memory in your scanner arranges and scans frequencies that you want to monitor:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/GRE/RS_Object_Oriented_Scanners_FAQ

This link walks you through setting up your cable with the drivers, and being sure you can communicate with the software:

ARC500 User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

The link below is an easier to read manual for your scanner:

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Consult the database on this website for frequencies in your area:

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

And finally, consider a premium subscription to this site to download programming directly to your scanner through the software:

Web Service Programming Help - The RadioReference Wiki

And some well worn advice:

Read everything, read it again, and then read it again!!

Last edited:
Please don't become discouraged by all the info that has been provided. The PRO-106 is a sophisticated device and requires some time to learn. Also, you have spent a fair amount of money for the scanner, cable and software. If the next $15 you spend is for becoming a "Premium Subscriber", trust me, you won't regret it. Again, lots to read and reread, just give yourself some time for it to sink in. Be sure to view as many posts as you can regarding the 106. It will all come together. Good luck and welcome to the forums.

wyoproud

Thanks guys for your kindness. Seems like everyone on here are level headed people. I have been very busy lately but I am considering paying the fifteen bucks to be a "premium subscriber" or whatever its called. That may come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.