Pro-106 is hung up and emitting a "beep"

Status
Not open for further replies.

al95

If you can open your scaner all the way down to the keypad their might be dirt or something making contact to the keypad senor.Then just clean it out with a small brush.

RickS31

I'll explain the cursory response I just gave a couple of posts ago. Why I said this is that I have worked and repaired numerous rubber based conductive keypads on everything from home thermostats, home phones and cell phones. Almost without exception these failures show up as intermittent or non-existant keypress activations on some but not all keypresses and usually not as a continuous press. Even a continuous key "short" would probably allow some interaction on the other keys. These keyboard failures almost always occur from wear on the conductive rubber material and/or some tarnish or corrosion on the copper traces under the conductive keys that register the key press. Sometimes additional life can be breathed into the keypad by pulling it apart, using an ink eraser on the copper traces and carefully cleaning the residue and such with alcohol. You can also try cleaning the conductive material on the rubber keys "lightly" with the same alcohol. Usually when it's gone this far though the keys are worn and any fix will only last awhile longer.

To have the scanner totally non-responsive to anything with the keyboard says to me that the scanner CPU, which takes the keypresses directly into it's miniscule brain, is partially hosed. No keypad repair will help that situation IMHO. Replacing the logic board will be the repair (and not cheap).

scannerhead

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.