pro-106 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyrefyter2008

I was gonna do a reply regarding this on another topic, but decided to do this way.

Back in 2012 I decided to go buy a digital scanner, and the 106 caught my eye (has for a while). Go to RS to get one, and all the neccesary stuff for it (AC plus, adap-a-plug, rechargeable batteries).

Was workin awesome, til i started having issues with it. Seems whenever its been on charge for a few days, when i go to unplug it off the AC plug, I get the "low voltage batteries need replacing or recharging".

Took it to RS and the lady was AWESOME at helping me with it, gave me a new pack of batteries no charge. Wellllllllllllllllllll same issues.

Could it have something to do with the style AC adapter I have?? it has a slider switch the the different voltages on it (3, 4.5, 6, 7.5, 9, 12). it also says 3-12V 1A.

Should i go back up and get one of the ener-cell AC adapters, and hope it makes it work better??

jimmyo

Premium Subscriber
Well I’m sure you’ll get a lot of comments about NOT charging the batteries in the scanner, which I have done on & off over the years with no problem., but back to your problem. If I am scanning with the batteries in the scanner and hooked up to AC, once I unplug the AC to run on batteries I always get that warning and just turn it off and back on and warning is gone.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I suggest a fixed-voltage model AC adapter.

Check and/or change the battery charge time, and the battery type.

Sent from Tapatalk

N1BHH

Charge the batteries in a smart charger, not in the radio. When the radio is plugged in and turned on, the batteries don't receive a proper charge cycle, the lifespan of the batteries decreases and therefor do not allow a good amount of listening time. You also must select the proper battery type for the type you have installed, be it Alkaline, NiMH or NiCd. You should get a few sets of rechargeable batteries and charge them in a smart charger, plus there are dangers in making your investment into a worthless pile of crap if left unattended while plugged into the wall wart.

alf032174

re pro106 issues

i have had that problem to changed chargers and it worked for 6 months and it started again i have the ac adapter it but i don't have batteries in it when it does it. usually it says low voltage it turn it on and off then it is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.