Pro-106 Mesa Arizona Police distorted broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my Pro-106 last October and downloaded the win500 program and installed the Phoenix metro area radio systems. When monitoring Mesa police many times the transmissions are garbled and I only get bits and pieces and other times it is crystal clear. Someties in the middle of a crystal clear transmission it just cuts completely out. When listing to Maricopa Sheriff 90% of the time their transmissions are good but occasionaly it goes garbled. Any ideas what causes this and why Mesa Polce seems to be really garbled? I am very new to digital scanning. Thanks.

Steve

InlandAZ

I bought my Pro-106 last October and downloaded the win500 program and installed the Phoenix metro area radio systems. When monitoring Mesa police many times the transmissions are garbled and I only get bits and pieces and other times it is crystal clear. Someties in the middle of a crystal clear transmission it just cuts completely out. When listing to Maricopa Sheriff 90% of the time their transmissions are good but occasionaly it goes garbled. Any ideas what causes this and why Mesa Polce seems to be really garbled? I am very new to digital scanning. Thanks.

Steve

I have the same issue - so far as I can tell it's basically my location (which was perfect prior to their going digital). I'm just south of Tempe in Chandler... Near Intel...

No issues with Phoenix what so ever.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Welcome to the wonderful world of Digital Simulcast Trunked Radio. :roll:

There's not a whole lot you can do other than get the GRE 800MHz antenna and hope for the best. This radio system just doesn't play well with scanners - never has. But the GRE antenna should greatly help.

--AZ

phoenicks

Premium Subscriber
I have the same problem over here on the West side. I pick up Phoenix fire on TG 1795 and is garbeled like crazy, and did anyone ever notice how many open mikes they have. Then I pick up the K Decks on TG's 1614 and 1615 crystal clear. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.