Pro-106 & Moto P25 (FDMA) System

Status
Not open for further replies.

brueger

Feed Provider
Anyone have experience monitoring a Mototola P-25 ((FDMA) system on a Pro-106?

My main interest is the Hampton Fire & Rescue Fire dispatch and it's Tac channels. Hampton switched to P25 last Jan.

Pro-106 does not seem to handle this system very well. The first of transmission is frequently dropped. Other times transmissions sound like they are trying to go encrypted.

Any suggestions? Anyone know if there are any tweaks that can be done via Win500.

Tks

Brian

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Brion, I pickup F/EMS fine in NE Suffolk. Prior to ENC PD and jail was fine also. Using PSR-500 & 600 & 3 Pro-197's. Try ATT.

vinzep491

If it sounds liek it is trying to go ENC, that may just be the digitla signal dropping out.

When you start to loose the signal of a DIGITAL tranmission the noise sounds strangely familiar to the "drunk donald duck" noise that makes up encryption. It is not to be confused with ENC... maybe you are just not close enough to the source.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Actually hes likely to close to Wythe and Chesapeake towers. That's why I suggested to attenuate the signal.

brueger

Feed Provider
Pro-106 Problems

Actually hes likely to close to Wythe and Chesapeake towers. That's why I suggested to attenuate the signal.

Well Frank, there is no such thing as "Wythe and Chesapeake towers." I think you are confused with the police dispatch districts. They split the city down LaSalle Ave. West is Wythe and East is Chesapeake.

The new Moto system uses three of the same towers as the M/A Comm system did - Buckroe, Blue Bird Gap and the back up tower on City Hall. They have also built a new tower at the site of the future fire Station-11 with is in the 1300 block of Big Bethel Rd.

I did set the Hampton bank to attenuate. It seems to help a little, but I am still getting "drop outs."

What I need to do now is swap this one with the one that is operating on my outdoor antenna.

Tks for the assistance.

Brian

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Well Frank, there is no such thing as "Wythe and Chesapeake towers." I think you are confused with the police dispatch districts. They split the city down LaSalle Ave. West is Wythe and East is Chesapeake.

The new Moto system uses three of the same towers as the M/A Comm system did - Buckroe, Blue Bird Gap and the back up tower on City Hall. They have also built a new tower at the site of the future fire Station-11 with is in the 1300 block of Big Bethel Rd.

I did set the Hampton bank to attenuate. It seems to help a little, but I am still getting "drop outs."

What I need to do now is swap this one with the one that is operating on my outdoor antenna.

Tks for the assistance.

Brian
Brian,
Thanks for updating me on towers issue.
My 6 scanners (including PSR-800) pick the system up perfectly with no drops.

But in January when system started my PSR-500 indicated 5 bars and 99% decode rate but never a stop on anything, the other 5 scanners were perfect on system. Fact is, in a PSR-800 forum in Jan, I posted an image of the trunking tables of the 800 with two FDMA and two TDMA-2 tables. Many, including Don Starr, considered this as proof the scanner would work on TDMA-2 systems. Starr had his famous "setting in a rocker flipping popcorn" avatar.

None the less, I sent my 500 to GRE who returned an oscillator and sent it back. It worked but not as good as the other 5. I removed the back and slightly returned a trimmer while on Analyz of Hampton CC, pressed SCAN and bingo, worked just like the other scanners.

The 106 would have same trimmer but likely in a different location then the 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.