Pro 106 Multi Site Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

owtlawatv

Feed Provider
I live in an area that has 5 EDAC Towers.
Corpus Christi, TX

Each Truck system has 270 Talk groups...
Right now, I have to duplicate every talkgroup 5 times so that when I roam around it picks up the closet tower.

Is there a way I can share Talk Group IDS?

Also, I have another scanner that you can set to either open or close group..
this lets you hear all talkgroups or just the ones programed...

How do I listen to all talk groups on a truck system without knowing the ID?

Thanks for any help....

trunker

I live in an area that has 5 EDAC Towers.
Corpus Christi, TX

Each Truck system has 270 Talk groups...
Right now, I have to duplicate every talkgroup 5 times so that when I roam around it picks up the closet tower.

Is there a way I can share Talk Group IDS?

Also, I have another scanner that you can set to either open or close group..
this lets you hear all talkgroups or just the ones programed...

How do I listen to all talk groups on a truck system without knowing the ID?

Thanks for any help....

Put all the frequencies (just the control channels) for all the sites into 1 system. If you set 'Multi-site to 'Roam' for the system, the scanner will pick the strongest site (frequency). If you set 'Multi-site to 'Stat' for the system, the scanner will scan all the sites (frequencies).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Put all the frequencies (just the control channels) for all the sites into 1 system. If you set 'Multi-site to 'Roam' for the system, the scanner will pick the strongest site (frequency). If you set 'Multi-site to 'Stat' for the system, the scanner will scan all the sites (frequencies).
Sorry, that won't work in this case. The system the OP is referring to is EDACS, not a Motorola or P25, so all frequencies for each site to be monitored have to be entered in correct LCN position, each site in a separate TSYS object.

trunker

Sorry, that won't work in this case. The system the OP is referring to is EDACS, not a Motorola or P25, so all frequencies for each site to be monitored have to be entered in correct LCN position, each site in a separate TSYS object.

Right, forgot it was EDACS.

owtlawatv

Feed Provider
thanks for everyone's suggestions...
I did a little more research and found its not possible to share talk groups between EDACS .

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
thanks for everyone's suggestions...
I did a little more research and found its not possible to share talk groups between EDACS .
While the multi-site function on the GRE manufactured scanners, which includes your Pro-106, works very well on P25 & Motorola systems, it's of no help for EDACS. The Uniden DMA scanners with multi-site capability allow you to do what you want with EDACS as well as Motorola or P25 systems. However, GRE's system seems to function a bit more smoothly on the system types it does support.

Status
Not open for further replies.