Pro-106 Only Picking Up Occasionally in Orange Co., FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobs415

Shortly after the New Year, I programmed my Pro-106, using the Win500 software and RR data. I'm in Orange County, FL, so there is no lack of conversation coming over the air from Fire, Police, etc.

As soon as I finished programming my radio, I began picking up all sorts of calls: Fire, Police, Sheriff, EMS, etc.etc. Everything worked fine.

Now, without making any changes, and using fresh batteries, I seldom pick up anything. I'm using an 800MHz rubber duck antenna, and listen to my scanner in the same few locations as before (in my apartment).

I've monitored the posts on RR and to my knowledge, nobody's done any rebanding or anything. I've reset all radio settings to default, hoping that would make a difference, but no. The home screen indicates I'm scanning all my programmed groups, and I occasionally pick up some idle chatter, so it doesn't appear as if my radio is broken.

My next step will be to re-enter all my items to see if that helps.

Can you suggest any reason for this loss? Thanks for any help you can offer. -Bob

DickH

... I've monitored the posts on RR and to my knowledge, nobody's done any rebanding or anything. ...

My next step will be to re-enter all my items to see if that helps.

Can you suggest any reason for this loss? Thanks for any help you can offer. -Bob

Looking at the database, there are lots of re-banded freqs. in that system, but no indication of when they re-banded. As you suggest, you should try re-entering all the data.

vinzep491

and if the above recomondation doesnt work, I'd suggest doing some research into what may have been rebanded.

If you havent seen it mentioned on RR, maybe you could fill us all in when you got it figured out!

Status
Not open for further replies.