PRO 106 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonkw

I just got the radio back, it is the same one. It will likely be a while before I get another one, as I mentioned above. It is very frustrating that a portable radio cannot withstand a drop. I still have a 200XLT that I bought 20 years ago that still works great, but pretty much useless now since most everything here is digital. It has withstood multiple drops over the years. I guess they don't make stuff like they used to.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
RS & Dead Radio

I just got the radio back, it is the same one. It will likely be a while before I get another one, as I mentioned above. It is very frustrating that a portable radio cannot withstand a drop. I still have a 200XLT that I bought 20 years ago that still works great, but pretty much useless now since most everything here is digital. It has withstood multiple drops over the years. I guess they don't make stuff like they used to.

I would be pretty disappointed if my radio were dead. I know this was likely difficult news for you. Hopefully, in the future, you will find a radio that is able to roll with the punches. But, even the best radios can die with the wrong hit.

In my opinion, RS should have worked with you. In the future, remember that GRE is, in my opinion, friendlier toward customers, particularly in the gray areas. Should you ever need their phone number, I have it loaded on speed dial.

Hope things work out for you, buddy. You might check some of the pawn shops. Then, you would have spare parts for another Pro-106.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
hi i need to know how to program in the pl numbers i looked in my mannuals and couldnt find anything on it i have 1 -106. 1-496. and 2-197s
On 106 & 197's PGM>Edit>Curr to CONV Channel.
▼ toSq Mode: and ► to desired setting. ▼ to tone.

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
I would agree with Jason.... They don't make ANYTHING like they used to. Everything's mass produced as cheap as possible. Sandman, I would look into exploring carrying options for your scanner, They make several different types that cover your scanner's keypad and display, as well as protect it from the deathly drops. Just do a general search on google for handheald scanner cases. Maybe you can find you something that will help prevent any future breaks.

Whats needed,and ive thought of this for a long time,,is SKINS,,like those that are available for
cell phones,,nice thick rubber,
cases are great,,but not for me,,they feel cumbersome..skins are more modern,and yeah,can be made cheaply,,for a multitude of radios,,
id drop a 20 in a heart beat for one,,,

so Ummm,,,GRE...ScannerMaster,,,Y'all gonna get on it or What?!step it up,,You should of thought of this already Engineering Depts...

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Whats needed,and ive thought of this for a long time,,is SKINS,,like those that are available for
cell phones,,nice thick rubber,
cases are great,,but not for me,,they feel cumbersome..skins are more modern,and yeah,can be made cheaply,,for a multitude of radios,,
id drop a 20 in a heart beat for one,,,

so Ummm,,,GRE...ScannerMaster,,,Y'all gonna get on it or What?!step it up,,You should of thought of this already Engineering Depts...

Now THIS might be a good idea! Remember the guy who invented post-it notes? $$$ :)

n9zas

a good idea it is,,ive been sitting on it for about 2yrs,,
even tried to make a prototype..but just could not get the
mold good enough,,...

So...
Again,,
UNIDEN,,,
GRE..
SCANNERMASTER..

maybe message me a cupon code
to say thanks!.
LOL..

francesis

Premium Subscriber
It looks to me from reading all the feed back from people, that RS is not doing a good job in helping customer in satifaction. It bad enough USA job are going down the drain. I am need to know how to fix my pro 106 scanner heap error 21DB1F: 21E2. RS told me a month ago my pro scanner board was gone, but I did some more trouble shooting myself it was the adapt plug gone bad. now it error message Wow!!

jasonkw

I went ahead and bought a new one while they are sale. I hope I have better luck with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.