Pro-106 Programming AFS frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnkrns

I know how to manually program my scanner, except for the AFS frequencies. Everything I've read would say just to use the DEC (.) key where the dash goes, however when I try to program something such as 02-021, my scanner wont allow me to enter 02.021. Does anyone know how I can program it using a dash?

Thanks.

lynxrufus

I know how to manually program my scanner, except for the AFS frequencies. Everything I've read would say just to use the DEC (.) key where the dash goes, however when I try to program something such as 02-021, my scanner wont allow me to enter 02.021. Does anyone know how I can program it using a dash?

Thanks.

Pressing DEC(.) enters a blank space.

To enter a symbol requires at least a two key sequence.

Press 0. The top line will show "EDIT" followed by a bunch of symbols. To get the first symbol, press 1, to get the second, press 2, etc. If the symbol you want is not on the top line, then you needed to press "FUNC" before pressing "0" (in that case, enter a wrong symbol, go back a space and try again).

To get a dash, you either enter 0 then 2 or FUNC then 0 then 2.

With a little practice, entering symbols will become fairly easy.

lynxrufus is right. It just takes practice. I like to program mine by hand mostly, unless I have a lot to program in there then I use my ARC 500 software. Sometimes I think I can program by hand faster than the software.:)

kf4sek

Thanks.

AFS is not a frequency. Instead, it is a Talkgroup (TGP) on an EDACS Trunked System. You must first create an EDACS TSYS before you can enter an AFS Talkgroup (TGP). The instructions for doing this start on page 32 of the manual. Once you create the EDACS Trunked System, then you can enter the TGP of 02-021 using the decimal key to insert the dash.

By the way, unlike Motorola Trunked Systems, where you can choose to only enter the control channel frequnecies, you must enter every frequency in the correct order for an EDACS TSYS.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.