• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pro 106 Question - External Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

revschuette

Premium Subscriber
Just was wondering can you operate a pro 106 with external power coming simply from a wall outlet? Also, how many hours average are you guys getting off the batteries? -Please specify type of battery you use. Thanks in advance!!

I am considering getting one - thus the inquiries

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I have a PSR-500, which is basically the same as the Pro-106, and I get up to eight hours of use from a fully charged set of 2700 mAH NiMH batteries. (With mixed scanning of conventional, analog trunked, and digital trunked.)

Yes, you can power the radio from the wall, with the correct "wall-wart" power supply. GRE includes one in the box, but RS does not. The wall-wart that travels with me is a RS model. (If you are going to have rechargeable batteries in the radio, while it is connected to external power, be sure to change the battery settings, as appropriate, or use the alkaline battery holder.)

RickS31

Need you to be more clear on what you mean by power coming straight out of a wall socket. If you mean from a proper AC adapter (9 volts, 800ma) with proper plug, yes, you can leave the batteries out altogether (actually the safest option). Many folks on here have had great luck with Enerloops with an external smart charger.

Remember, it is not a good idea to charge rechargeable batteries in any of these scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.