Not open for further replies.

nc28478

Premium Subscriber
pro 106~ wild card lock out

when i lockout a tgid i have or dislike

i get..........................

duplicate tgid: 33130(example)
create another? yes or no

i assume no do to lockout......but same talk group reappears later not being locked out.

can someone explain how to lock out tgids : so the do not reappear......thanks

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Press the function (FUNC) button, then the lockout (LOUT) button. It will stay locked out until you remove the lock.

akaLTD

I almost hate to reply to this as I've only had this scanner for 1 day so you may want to wait for an expert to confirm my response :) ...but here's my understanding of it.

If the talkgroup is already programmed in you have to lock out that specific talkgroup ID. The Wildcard ID is used for those talkgroups not programmed in already. So locking it out won't affect those already programmed, it will only lock out finding un-programmed ID's.

If you're stopped on the ID you want to lock out then press:
Pgm>Edit>Current and scroll down to L/Out & change to On.

Edit: Yeah I forgot the quick way to use lockout .. Func + Lockout. :)

Last edited:

nc28478

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to be a scanner illiterate but when I hit function and lock out - it locks out the wildcard_ not the id

My goal is to eliminate known IDs. - to find the unknown.

C'mon guys I know the professionals on here need a good challenge .....lol

Possibly my settings
Thanks

akaLTD

Sorry all .. .after re-reading this I realized I read the OPs question wrong and didn't totally answer the OPs question. See I knew I shouldn't have posted being a newbie & all! But some forums I belong to it takes a long while to get an answer so thought I'd try to be helpful. I see this forum is really busy & gives quick replies.

I'll go back to lurking now until I have more experience with the scanner and can actually read the question correctly & give an better answer. :)

Edit: I see we posted almost the same time. I know what you're asking now but being new the only way I know to lock it out is to scroll to that ID & lock it out from there. But we'll wait for the experts to answer. :)

Last edited:

grumpy_hermit

I beleive what you need is TGRP ignore. If I'm not mistaken, setting it to yes will ignore wildcard hits on talkgroups that are already programmed into the scanner.

Press PGM

Press F3 (GLOB)

Use the arrow keys to scroll down to "TGRP Ignore" (it's down in the expert settings)

Press the left or right arrow key to set it to Yes

Press F1 (Save)

Return to scan mode

Last edited:

nc28478

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

After reading my post (No help is bad....thanks) It came out wrong - it was meant to be a sincere thanks to all ... I just worked 12hrs -2300-1100
Lol I am still trying suggestions

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Sorry to be a scanner illiterate but when I hit function and lock out - it locks out the wildcard_ not the id

My goal is to eliminate known IDs. - to find the unknown.

C'mon guys I know the professionals on here need a good challenge .....lol

Possibly my settings
Thanks
I think you need to STOR (F3) the new ID, then FUNC Lout.

kayleesdad

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

thought it was just TG/O when the wild card appears, which is just the F1 button just below the screen. Still learning too, instructions say hitting it when the TGRP appears creates a Talk Group in the system the wild card is assigned to and then locks it out of that system.

Astrak

The T/G lockouts in wildcard only work while the scanner is scanning, if you are in MAN mode sitting on wildcard it will still pick up all of the traffic including those talkgroups that are locked out.

Blindman

Premium Subscriber
hmm, seems to me that locking out a tg that the wildcard found isnt going to work simply because you arent locking out the wildcard, only the group that it found.

Avmonaco

I know I'm coming in a little late to this conversation, but I am currently having the same problem! So, the solution to this problem is to set the scanner to scan ONLY the scan bank that the wildcard is located in? Meaning disable all scan banks except the one with wildcard. Then "TGL/O" will work? That way you can lockout without listening to all the other banks? Does that make sense?

Last edited:

Blindman

Premium Subscriber
I know I'm coming in a little late to this conversation, but I am currently having the same problem! So, the solution to this problem is to set the scanner to scan ONLY the scan bank that the wildcard is located in? Meaning disable all scan banks except the one with wildcard. Then "TGL/O" will work? That way you can lockout without listening to all the other banks? Does that make sense?
mmm, not really I would think. In my case I just edited the offending talkgroup to NOT be in ANY scanlist, that way it doesnt scan but still shows up in the 'ns' (not scanned) list in manual mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.