• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_eugene1

Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
143
Location
Southwest Ohio
My experience with Radio Shack varied. I have had a turn around time of 2 - 2 1/2 weeks and as high a 8 weeks. This all depends on the problem with your unit, is just 1 thing wrong or several things.
Another thing to consider is the backlog of repairs, waiting on parts etc.
 

nzo012

Member
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
47
I just sent mine in at the beginning of summer. My experience was the repair center took a little over a week to return my radio back to the store, then the store blew off contacting me and when I called them several times to check up on it they said it wasn't there, when it really was. After the store cost me an extra two weeks of waiting, I got the radio back and discovered that of the two issues I returned it for, only one was addressed. They wanted me to send it back in through the store for a second time to fix one of the original issues it was sent in for. I wasn't very pleased with them and I raised h*ll over it and they overnighted the radio from the store on a Friday, fixed it and overnighted it back to me on Monday.

I even took the time to type out a page long description of what was wrong when I sent it in the first time and I think the Radio Shack worker just typed in his quickie description and threw my page away after I left.
 

joetnymedic

Member
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
746
Location
West Haven, CT
i sent my 106 in for repair and lets just say my experience wasnt a good one, at least with the shack. I will say that Manny (N1SQB) repaired the radio for me and I am happy as can be
 

N1BHH

Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
1,843
Location
Jackson Square, East Weymouth, MA.
Whenever you go into a Radio Shack store with a radio for repair ask for the Manager of the store. If you just ask the bobble head behind the counter you'll not be happy. When my Pro-97 was dying it was also under the replacement program and within a week I had the replacement card from RS HQ and bought the Pro-164 that day before work.
 
Last edited:

KC5EIB

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 24, 2002
Messages
1,479
Location
Flower Mound, TX
Whenever you go into a Radio Shack store with a radio for repair ask for the Manager of the store. If you just ask the bobble head behind the counter you'll not be happy.
Some of us "bobble heads" are here on the forums and are VERY knowledgeable about Radio Shack products and procedures and are given the task of educating new managers. In the store I work in, two of us "bobble heads" are ex managers with a total of 50 years of service between us and have trained many managers over the past few years.
 

Benzman66

Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
314
Location
Lancaster County, PA & Pittsburgh, PA
Agreed!
If it weren't for Doug and a few other RS employees on these forums, most of us would be at a total loss for part numbers and assistance as the average clerk (at least around here) doesn't even know how to find the RSU key. I always end up having to ask for a manager.

So in a way, you are right, 80% of RS employees are there just to collect a paycheck, get some discounts, or just have a job. It is the other 20% like Doug and the rest that keep RS in business because of their knowledge and willingness to go the extra mile to help others. It is called old school training. Where you actually cared about the customers needs. Don't throw ALL employees into the same pile.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top