pro 107 vs uniden home patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

carddude99

OK, I know that the pro 107 covers more frequencies and the home patrol has apco 25. I live in Seattle with an airforce base in the vicinity but not close. I know the home patrol covers nfm. BUT, what would you hear? I am sure they do not (The military) let you hear most stuff. So the bottom line, is $499 added to this type of scanner worth it I also have a pro 107/gre700?
Thanks

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
With the HomePatrol you'll only hear what Uniden's copy of the RR database has in it. If "they" don't believe you need a particular frequency or talkgroup, you don't get it. However, with one of several 3rd party software packages (I use ARC-Patrol) you can add anything within reason. All scanners have certain built-in limits on frequency ranges and supported digital and trunked system parameters. Encrypted traffic, for example, is not even audible even if the frequency is input through 3rd party software on the HomePatrol. This can be good or bad, depending on whether you consider the noises to aggravating or some clear indication of active encrypted traffic in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.