Pro-135

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haley

I was just on the RS website and they have a model PRO-135. Looks a lot like the GRE-100. It wasnt there last night-----guess what the price is----$99.99. Anyway didnt know if anyone had seen it yet. Mike

Haley

Jay , you are right after looking again, physically it does look a lot more like a Uniden. I do think it is aimed spec. wise straight at the GRE-100 though. It might be a good first scanner for someone though. Mike

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
according to the tech specs this scanner does not receive the vhi hi range, 108-174, unlike the psr100 and pro 82. hopefully that is an error

if it is an error its pretty much the same as their pro 82, i wonder what would motivate someone to buy this over the pro 82, besides its newer.....

edit: well the description says it receives vhf aircraft, and the signal stalker covers the vhf hi band, but thats not listed under the tech specs
i also just figured out why someone would want this over the pro 82, signal stalker

Last edited:

N1BHH

I wonder how many they will sell and then when untrained folks get them home and find out that VHF-Hi and 800 and trunking is missing, how long will it take for them to return it. That scanner would be useless in any metropolitan area, unless you only want it for the basics. How many of them will end up in the trash because people won't know how to input trunking frequencies? How many will end up on ebay with the provision that says they "hear it all," when it obviously lacks in coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.