Pro 163 Trunking Programming via Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

invhoutx

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I need some help guys. I have a Pro 163 scanner that I am trying to get set up to monitor 4 talk groups. I keep getting an "All Channels Locked Out" when I try to scan. I can view the system (TXWARN) and the talkgroups as stored in one bank and 4 channels but when I try to make it scan it tells me all are locked out. I have even went in to make sure that they were not locked out but it still does not work. Any ideas? I can't believe that I have programmed everything from the HT600s all the way through Astro Series stuff and even an APX7000 but a damn scanner is stumping me.

Thanks in advance for the help.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
The TXWARN system is digital and not scannable with any analog acanner like the Pro-163

from Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA), System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

You will need a digital scanner like the pro-106 (HH) or Pro-197 (Mobile/desktop) to monitor this system.

As far as the "ALL CHANNELS LOCKED OUT" The banks you have enabled do not have any frequencies programed in them.

invhoutx

Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• TXWARN Freq.jpg
    TXWARN Freq.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,883
  • TXWARN Talkgroups.jpg
    TXWARN Talkgroups.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,678

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
The system I am trying to program (TXWARN) is not digital. See Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

I am including screenshots in the attachments area of the Freqs for the control channels and the talkgroups. This is what was uploaded to the scanner.

Oh, That other TXWARN system (There are 2). Make sure that bank "0" is enabled while scanning. As a test, press the MAN key, then press 000 then press man again. using the up arrow key, do you see the frequencies in the scanner?

PS: You do want to scan the Downtown Houston part of the system?

Last edited:

invhoutx

Premium Subscriber
Pro 163 problems

Ok, I got it working on bank 0. Do I do exactly the same for each bank?

invhoutx

Premium Subscriber
Ok, One more thing. I am only getting the traffic. I am not getting the talkgroups. It is showing the talkgroup ID not scanning the talkgroups I want.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Ok, I got it working on bank 0. Do I do exactly the same for each bank?

Yes, Turn on and off each bank using the number on the key pad. The active banks will display across the top of the display You can have any combination of banks active at one time.

Make sure the bank is closed. In the closed mode, only the talk groups you have entered will be received as long as the sub bank is active also. Press and release PROG then press and release TRUNK Top line of text will read "ID BANK a-b c" where a=bank number 0 to 9, b=sub bank 0-4, and c=on or off.
Example, "ID BANK 0-0 ON" shows that bank 0, sub bank 0 on on and any talk groups programed into the 30 positions (0-29) will be scanned if they are not locked out (LO=Locked out, lo equals NOT LOCKED OUT)

Status
Not open for further replies.