PRO-164 and Motorola II Trunking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

borno24

I just got a PRO-164 scanner today and had the trunking channels set up at radio shack. The link to the trunking channels for my area is Scanner Frequencies: Sheboygan County Trunking System, Sheboygan, Wisconsin. However when i listen to the channels i hear nothing no static or any sign of life! Is this just how it is and it only makes noise when transmissions are sent (however i monitored a few police channels and still got nothing) or is there something wrong with the setup. I attached a screenshot of what the screen says when its apparently playing audio. Im a total newbie at this being this my first day with my first scanner so please help!

Attachments

• 101_0042.jpg
    101_0042.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3,945

borno24

A few other things

this is scanner day two and so far the only thing i have been able to pick up has been the NOAA weather radio and once and a while a police frequency for a city 9 miles away but it only stays there for a little bit before it continues to scan. I have put in a few frequencies for local buissness around here and all i get is static even though the screen shows a full signal. what am i doing wrong? Also Im still looking for some answer for my original trunking question.

N8IAA

I am going to try to help. I own a Pro-97, earler version of the 164, and a 163, which is the mobile/base version of your radio. Deselect all other banks that are not programmed with that system by pushing the corresponding number on the keypad. Then press manual. The frequencies of for that system should be: 868.0750, 868.3125, 868.5125, 868.7250. You can confirm this by pressing either the up/down keys, or, the manual button. Make sure that each frequency has MOT next to the Bank number in the upper left corner of the display. If not, press the PROG button, then the MODE button until MOT shows up. Press enter. Do this for all of the frequencies. Other than that, the radio should work. What software did the RS sales rep use? Was it ScanCat Lite, or, Win97? ScanCat Lite has issues when programming GRE manufactured scanners like the 164.
HTH,
Larry

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
i need help with programing truked freq with the id thats what i need help with

OK but we need some more information
What scanner are you using?
What system do you want to monitor (State, county, and city)?
Do you have software and the interface cable to load from a computer?

N8IAA

OK but we need some more information
What scanner are you using?
What system do you want to monitor (State, county, and city)?
Do you have software and the interface cable to load from a computer?

Doug, he's moved up from a Pro-404 to a Pro-164. He lives in the Milwaukee area.
Larry

sheriff205

Pro-164. He lives in the Milwaukee area yep and i need with the id tags for the north shore dipach for
Motorola I 2 and ltr thanks sheriff 205

N8IAA

Pro-164. He lives in the Milwaukee area yep and i need with the id tags for the north shore dipach for
Motorola I 2 and ltr thanks sheriff 205
Radio Reference database will get you what you want. You really need to stop hijacking threads. If you have a question, ask in your own thread. It is just common courtesy here on RR:)
Larry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.