Pro 164 not hearing certain talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

michellelle

Hi... I got a Pro 164 for a christmas gift for my mom and I am trying to program it and ughhh.

I am trying to listen to volusia county FL Volusia County Public Safety Trunking System, Volusia County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

I entered in all the frequencies and added the talkgroups I wanted to listen to

769 06-001 A NSB PD 1
913 07-021 A POPD 1 Disp PD Dispatch
170 01-052 A VCSO LE 5 Port Orange PD, South Daytona PD, Ponce Inlet PD, Daytona Beach Shores PD

The only one that plays is the VCSO one. The other two don't play... why would this be?

I am assuming it is set up correct because vcso works and when I turn it to open it plays all kinds of talking from the area. Any ideas? Thanks

Redneck0410

Did you enter all channels in one bank? If so, you need to seperate the sites into three different banks... Reason is, with an EDACS system, all channels must be programmed according to the LCN (Logical Channel Number). For example, Bank one would be "County West". Use channels 101-114. Bank two, County East. Use channels 201-216. Bank three, Daytona Beach. Use channels 301-305. Make sense? I'm not trying to come off as if you don't know what you're doing, but EDACS systems are irritating like that.

Hope this has helped you.
-Shawn

michellelle

No I didn't have them in one bank but I had them not in the right order. I had put east first assuming I only needed that one, then added the other 2. I had them starting in 001.

So I deleted all that and did them in order like you said. In open mode I am hearing stuff but in closed I dont hear anything. Do the talkgroups i entered need to be anywhere special?

in scan mode on my screen it says T and G at the top then it says 0123 with ---- under them (meaning closed i think) and it says pri-- on the right (i dont know what that means)

N8IAA

No I didn't have them in one bank but I had them not in the right order. I had put east first assuming I only needed that one, then added the other 2. I had them starting in 001.

So I deleted all that and did them in order like you said. In open mode I am hearing stuff but in closed I dont hear anything. Do the talkgroups i entered need to be anywhere special?

in scan mode on my screen it says T and G at the top then it says 0123 with ---- under them (meaning closed i think) and it says pri-- on the right (i dont know what that means)

EDACS can be a bit harder to program than a regular system.
You only need one bank to program in the info.
To start: Press PROG, then TRUNK. Press FUNC, and use the up or down arrows to get you to the bank you wish to use. When you are in the bank, press MODE to get ED.
To program in the frequencies, you must use LCN. Most all EDACS systems start on 01 and progress from there. My suggestion is to program all the frequencies in the channel number corresponding to the number next to the frequency. Make sure they are all entered as ED.
When you get ready to enter the ID's, go to the pages in the manual and follow the directions on going to a Sub-bank and putting in the ID's.
HTH,
Larry

Redneck0410

The Pri-- on the right means the priority scan is off (leave that as it is). You are correct in your scanner is set to closed mode. Try programming the appropriate talkgroups into each site. That should get you going.

-Shawn

michellelle

The Pri-- on the right means the priority scan is off (leave that as it is). You are correct in your scanner is set to closed mode. Try programming the appropriate talkgroups into each site. That should get you going.

-Shawn

YES YES YES! Thank you! I guess I still had the talkgroups in 0. It's working now I am so happy! Thank you!!! :)

shadcall

If you need additional assistance, please let me know. I live in Volusia County and have a Pro 164. I also have the programming software and cable to make programming quick and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.