PRO 164 Text Tag Talk Group IDs dont display

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8ACU

I have an RS Pro 164 scanner. I am using ARC 300 programming software. I have entered all pertinant data including the text tags for the talk groups I want to follow - HOWEVER, for some reason MOST of the time the text tag Id for the talk group does not display on the screen when a transmission is occuring. It usually just displays the decimal Tag ID number.

I have entered all of the information in the program in the proper column (I beleive).

What am I missing?, What have I not done?

ALSO can anyone explaing the SUB Bank concept and its purpose? ( maybe this has something to do wiith my problem?)

And while i am at it-- why hasnt anyone written a Trunk Tracking for Dummies yet?
I would be happy to colaboreat on one and get it posted for easy access if we could produce one that is throrugh , and Very Easy to Understand......

N8ACU
"Never put it in an email if you dont want it to be on Fox News"

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
Next time the scanner stops on a talk group try pushing the Text button and it will she the Talkgroup text..

N8ACU

thanks Ed. DUH on my part. Aparently with all of a futile programminng attempts I had turned that off. It did the trick. I do agreee with so many that the stock instruction book assumes way too much for it to be usefull to any newby. It is more of quick reference manual.
Thanks Again de N8ACU

Status
Not open for further replies.