Pro 164 Trunking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

csalexan

I am brand new to scanning and especially trunking, I am trying to trunk track my local police dept, and I have the the numbers I need to do it, but I am lost on how to put it in and where to go after to listen to that trunk. I have a pro 164 and here is the link to my county's id #'s

Scanner Frequencies: North Myrtle Beach Public Safety Trunking System, North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

or it could be

Scanner Frequencies: Horry County Public Safety Trunking System, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
under north myrtle beach police.

Please help and thank you, also I already looked at the manual and got nothing.

N8IAA

Since you are new to scanning, the best tools for learning is to get the Win97 programming software and the RS USB cable (part# 20-047). The software is free for thirty days, and makes it a heck of a lot easier to see how the scanner's banks are set up. The best tool is to post in the South Carolina forum. The people can give you better updates on your system than can anyone in this forum. It is a matter of reading, making mistakes, learning from your mistakes, AND more reading. It takes time to figure out what is so different to you and your scanning:) I have only been programming trunking systems into scanners for 11 years and am constantly learning new things. My latest and best ongoing project is to really learn my 3 1/2 month old Pro-106. It is a cool learning experience:))
Larry

amamecman

Premium Subscriber
Go to marksscanners.com and use the instructions for the pro 97, (very close radio to the 164). His step by step directions are much better than the Radio Shack manual. Thats what i used to programm my 164 for Charlotte/Mecklenburg county and Cabbarus County, NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.