pro 164?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrolnow

I have to say that I am new to scanning and most of the conversations on this forum might as well be in a different language. I just bought a pro 164 scanner and the local police department Greensboro PD in NC is using a digital apco 25 system. I am able to hear other agencies within this Motorola II system but the GPD id's dont come through. I only hear scratching. If anybody knows if the PRO 164 will be able to pick this up, please let me know. Any help or advice is more than welcome!

mikey60

I have to say that I am new to scanning and most of the conversations on this forum might as well be in a different language. I just bought a pro 164 scanner and the local police department Greensboro PD in NC is using a digital apco 25 system. I am able to hear other agencies within this Motorola II system but the GPD id's dont come through. I only hear scratching. If anybody knows if the PRO 164 will be able to pick this up, please let me know. Any help or advice is more than welcome!

The Pro-164 is not capable of decoding digital transmissions. You would need one of the digital capable scanners to hear that.

Mike

patrolnow

Thanks for the help!

I appreciate the help and glad to know that I wont be able to listen to the Radio Shack salesman since they told me the pro 164 would work......I will be using their refund policy very soon. If any one has any suggestions or advice on a hand held digital scanner please let me know. Thanks again for the information on the 164 before I put any more money into it trying to get it to do something that apparently it will not be able to do.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
patrol, often the best place to get this kind of information are locals - they are the best ones to say which model(s) work best in their area. Jump down to the NC forum and ask. There are also a couple of NC related Yahoo groups as well. In this hobby, having information is king. 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.