Pro-197 Indiana Dist 42

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb9otx

About July 1st or so Indiana Dist 42 and all Ripley county Digital stopped receiving on my Pro-197.
I am using WIN 500 programming software. I used it to download the Ripley County database, After it was sent to the scanner it still receives no digital. I was told the Versailles tower went to P25. What do I need to change to start receiving digital again on the Pro-197 ?
Jack WB9OTX

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You seem to be right in the middle of an interesting time for SAFE-T. When you say "Digital," do you mean Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (Motorola) or Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P-25)?

You will need to completely reprogram your scanner if you only have the Motorola system programmed. WIN500 can import the P25 system from the DB as normal. There are already a control channels available for the P25 system in the DB. If your scanner does not lock onto the new system, then you may have to search for a control channel yourself since everything is still new and not fully documented.

wb9otx

Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P-25)
I think the control freq are the same because my Pro-2096 receives it perfect. I used Win500 to download and install from RR, but I get nothing but analog on the Pro-197.
What to do ??

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (P-25)
I think the control freq are the same because my Pro-2096 receives it perfect. I used Win500 to download and install from RR, but I get nothing but analog on the Pro-197.
What to do ??

Does your scanner ever stop on SAFE-T and lock onto the system (it shows the T and S at the top)?

Are you able to hear the control channel if you TUNE to it manually?

Do you have the correct talkgroups assigned to a scan list and have that scan list enabled?

If you would like, maybe you could zip up your Win500 .p500 file and share it on the forums. Maybe there's something wrong with the programming that someone might notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.