Pro-197 Question - Information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhtm350

Im thinking of getting a Pro-197 for my pickup. I need to know a couple things before i purchase.

1) Does it come with a bracket like a cb bracket to mount?

2) Does it drive a nonamplified speaker good like a cb extension speaker? If so is it loud enough to hear well with alot of road noise and wind?

The reason i ask this is because im planning on removing my cb i have mounted and replacing it with the scanner and i already have a place to mount and already have the speaker installed.

OCO

Per the first page of the user manual, yes. A note in the RR info says it's a DIN E but requires a sleeve for that (in dash) mounting..
Audio output is 1.8 watts into an 8 ohm speaker - should be enough to drive your external speaker, although not as load as your CB..
Hope this helps..

Last edited:

jfhtm350

I found the user manual and im downloading it now. I have dial up so it will take me about an hour. Yes I know im the only one with dial up still.

Im not mounting it like a cd player's in dash mounting rather like a cb and metal bracket hanging upside down under the center of the dash so i will need to know if its made like that. I have searched for pictures on the internet but all I can find is a side shot of the case.

Does anyone know how loud the extension speaker is?

pro-197

The Pro-197 is nice! Its friggin loud ! Who needs an extension speaker?
This is a keeper,I like the one button service search.Get yourself the FM trap if you live in a city though.
It comes with a bracket and knobs for mounting.
I got one on ebay for 225 and i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.