• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pro-197 Question - Information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhtm350

Im thinking of getting a Pro-197 for my pickup. I need to know a couple things before i purchase.

1) Does it come with a bracket like a cb bracket to mount?

2) Does it drive a nonamplified speaker good like a cb extension speaker? If so is it loud enough to hear well with alot of road noise and wind?

The reason i ask this is because im planning on removing my cb i have mounted and replacing it with the scanner and i already have a place to mount and already have the speaker installed.

OCO

Premium Subscriber
Per the first page of the user manual, yes. A note in the RR info says it's a DIN E but requires a sleeve for that (in dash) mounting..
Audio output is 1.8 watts into an 8 ohm speaker - should be enough to drive your external speaker, although not as load as your CB..
Hope this helps..

Last edited:

jfhtm350

I found the user manual and im downloading it now. I have dial up so it will take me about an hour. Yes I know im the only one with dial up still.

Im not mounting it like a cd player's in dash mounting rather like a cb and metal bracket hanging upside down under the center of the dash so i will need to know if its made like that. I have searched for pictures on the internet but all I can find is a side shot of the case.

Does anyone know how loud the extension speaker is?

pro-197

The Pro-197 is nice! Its friggin loud ! Who needs an extension speaker?
This is a keeper,I like the one button service search.Get yourself the FM trap if you live in a city though.
It comes with a bracket and knobs for mounting.
I got one on ebay for 225 and i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.