PRO-197 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
I had a few questions about the PRO-197.

Will this accept the rebanding to the new frequencies? I would say yes.
Will this scanner do iCalls? I would say yes.
I just wanted to make sure before I bought one, anyone that owns one of these do you have the answer? I am still reading about these.

Also I am torn between the RadioShack PRO-197 Scanner and the Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Scanner
but there is about 150.00 difference in the prices. Which one is the better scanner? Do you like the PRO-197 or wished you'd bought the Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Scanner?

Thanks..keith

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I have both, both will accept new rebanded freqys and new "custom tables" listed on this web site for rebanded systems...Both receive ICALLS, better one, well, i can't say there is a better one as my Uniden396XT decodes the ILL State Wide digital system perfect but in other parts of the country does not do so good...The GRE500 i had did a terrible job decoding the same system but some have excellent luck with it....You may ask in the "State Forum" on here where you live what others use....

keithmj

Closed to Open

I bought the PRO-197 and am playing around with it, It seems like a nice scanner and I got 200.00 off the price.
On some of the other Radioshack scanners I use to be able to push Func+5 to open and close a talkgroup when I wanted to listen to all traffic on the scanner. Is there a quick key function on the PRO-197 that will let me do that? If there is can you and will you tell me? I have the scanner programmed to use just Trunked with closed systems but wanted to use one to listen to all traffic..Thanks..Keith

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
You must program in the "Wildcard", it receives (open-mode) all TG's, as they pop up press "Stor" and they will be added to your scanlist or you can transfer them to another scanlist using the "*" to denote what list and still keep the WCARD in the same scanlist....A system with "NO" Wildcard only receives the "TG's" you put in....

keithmj

You must program in the "Wildcard", it receives (open-mode) all TG's, as they pop up press "Stor" and they will be added to your scanlist or you can transfer them to another scanlist using the "*" to denote what list and still keep the WCARD in the same scanlist....A system with "NO" Wildcard only receives the "TG's" you put in....

Thanks for the rely..I'll play around with it and read the manual some more..Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.