PRO-197 scan issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

1977addis

W3WIK
Premium Subscriber
I have just picked up a Pro-197 scanner and I have my local system programmed in it (Central Maryland Radio Committe 700 MHZ APCO-25) the radio will scan and stop on a channel, I can see that it is receiving something but I cannot hear anything. The signal master jumps around (it doesn’t stay steady on a certain reading) I know the speaker works, the radio will revive stations just fine when I turn the volume up I just hear a light hissing sound.

EMTBob

Premium Subscriber
I have just picked up a Pro-197 scanner and I have my local system programmed in it (Central Maryland Radio Committe 700 MHZ APCO-25) the radio will scan and stop on a channel, I can see that it is receiving something but I cannot hear anything. The signal master jumps around (it doesn’t stay steady on a certain reading) I know the speaker works, the radio will revive stations just fine when I turn the volume up I just hear a light hissing sound.
Pro-197 Is Phase 1 I Believe MD 700 Is Phase 2.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

AlphaFive

700 Mhz

Good Morning 1977addis. If you are familiar enough with the Pro 197, you may want to consider running a Limit Search for say, 768.0000 thru 775.0000. If you do that the 197 is great for landing on any control channels that lie in within range of your system. That will give you an excellent idea of what you can receive and decode, and what you may not be able to. It could simply be that the transmitter is just a little far away to receive all of the data, most likely an encryption though. Hope this helps, take care up there

Status
Not open for further replies.