Pro-197 scan list/channel pause

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitho

When I'm listening to any type of freq. the scanner displays the Scan List name for a second, and then it switches to the channel alpha tag.

Every time that switches from channel tag to Scan list display the scanner blips out for a second and I lose part of what is happening.

I swear this is a setting I enabled because I thought it would be a good thing, but now I can't find WHERE I changed it :)

I am evaluating all 3 of the major software apps and I seem to think it was in one but not the others......

Does this ring a bell? if you know off the top of your head I'd appreciate it, I've jerked with it for an hour and I'll be darned if I can remember where I got it from. If not I'll eventually figure it out...

THanks! -S

Last edited:

smitho

Thanks for looking, I'll look after some sleep maybe that will help....

It's staring me in the face and I can't see it.

-S

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Priority scan, to me too.

smitho

Thanks!

N1bhh and Krokus

Thank you! that was it, I used to always have the Priority on when using my 2055 and it never caused that.

I'll do some more reading and see if I'm interpreting it incorrectly or if that is the equivalent of what I used to use.

I hope not as that was a big feature for me and it did not cause that in the 2055.

more to learn! thanks again.

-S

N1BHH

With the 2055 you only have 1 priority channel, with the '108 and '197 you have a possible 250 priority objects. It's looking for them. All scanners with a priority search feature do the exact same thing but they all work a little differently. I did have the same split second of missed transmission even with the 2055, you just don't notice it so much as you would with most of the newest models.

smitho

N1BHH

Thanks for the clarification, I'll be reading the manual closer I appreciate the help.

Subtle changes like that confuse me sometimes I bet I read it and glazed over it.

I appreciate your time!

-S

Status
Not open for further replies.