Pro-197 showing Checksum Failure when uploading

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Today I tried to load an update to my Pro-197 using Win500. When it got to about 14% it displayed a CheckSum Failure and then cleared memory. I was able to load the p500 file on the second attempt seeing memory was cleared out from the error. This is the first time seeing this error. It only seems to happen when I make changes to my file and upload it. If I don't make any changes, I can write to the radio all day. Strange

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Don S. has addressed this issue with an updated version of Win 500. Download the latest version and you should not have any more checksum failures.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
Got two new PRO-197's for xmas - trying to program with Win500 v02.06 getting checksum errors with both of them ......no apparent reason why.

The first scanner out of the box programmed three times without any checksum error....the second scanner out of the box started with the checksum errors first time programming. Now they both have the error everytime I try to upload a new config to them - three weeks into using them I've uploaded about once a day......

N1BHH

When uploading to the scanner, be sure that your scanner has updated firmware. You may have just bought your scanner, but it may have an older version of the firmware. Be sure your cable is fully seated in the USB jack of the computer and be sure you have the STEREO plug fully seated in the PC/IF jack, then start the upload. When making changes to any file, be sure to save it before uploading.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
N1BHH,

Checked firmware and it's up to date on all three.

Will check the rest thanks.....

bama9999

The computer is uploading too fast for the scanner. I use PSREDIT500 for programming, and it has a place where you can check to add a delay while uploading. I used to get the errors, but since checking the box to add the delay, I don't get them anymore. Not sure if the other programming software has anything like that or not, but it wouldn't hurt to look and see if it does.

AC9BX

It happens occasionally. I used ARC500 and now Win500, latest firmware and USBtoSerial driver. It happens less frequently with Win500 but it still happens. Just upload again. There does appear to be a serial issue, perhaps transfer speed. Since it's asynchronous there isn't much else that could be the trouble.

Dustybill69

Checksum Failure

Hello all,
I have the newest version of Win500 update. Every time I update my data on win500 I get a checksum failer as well. I have notice it happens more on USB 3.0 When I switch back to USB 2.0 it don't seem to happen hardly at all. Can anyone tell me why this happens?

CentracomGold

Premium Subscriber
same problem here "checksum error" on the scanner & on the Win500 the error displays as: "Failed to write data, wrote 46300 of 6752" HELP!!!!!

CentracomGold

Premium Subscriber
Any update on this issue since the last post from 2014? (I looked & cannot find any solution) Trying to program the 197 using Win500 (all drivers & firmware are up to date & I still am getting Checksum error etc. etc. etc. Starting to get frustrated now.

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the beginning of problems with Windows 10 and older scanners using usb to serial converters.

Glad to hear you got it fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.