• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pro-2018 discriminator output tap info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know;
1. If either TP4 or IC4 pin9 should be used for discriminator tap or a different one.
2. How many resistors and size uF and volt.
3. Is a capacitor necessary? Size?

Doesn't seem to be much info on this model for mods.
I'm posting a pic showing what I think the configuration should be.
I will be using a shielded wire and a 3.5mm mono jack.

Someone please let me know if the configuration is correct. Thanks

Attachments

How do I edit a post? (off topic)

I know this is somewhat off topic but I needed to do some minor editind to this postand I don't see any way to do it. So how do you edit and here is my edit...

quote...

"I need to know;
1. If either TP4 or IC4 pin9 should be used for discriminator tap or a different one.
2. How many resistors and size uF and volt. <<<not micro farad but ?ohm
3. Is a capacitor necessary? Size?

Doesn't seem to be much info on this model for mods.
I'm posting a pic showing what I think the configuration should be.
I will be using a shielded wire and a 3.5mm mono jack.

Someone please let me know if the configuration is correct. Thanks

And I already seen the typo I made in the pic... sheilded

Doesn't matter I guess, looks like everyone else is about as green as I am on this radio. But thanks to all who read anyway. :)

I'm definitely making a How-To pictorial on this procedure. That is if I'm eventually successful.

fxdscon

Premium Subscriber
I know this is somewhat off topic but I needed to do some minor editind to this postand I don't see any way to do it. So how do you edit
Posts can be edited for up to two hours after you make the post. During that time there will be an "Edit" button visible at the lower right corner of your post. After a two hour period has elapsed, the "Edit" button will no longer be available.

Item #2 at this link:

http://forums.radioreference.com/fo...sked-administrative-questions.html#post962680

IC4, a Toshiba TA2003F, is an IF chip for both AM and FM. It is possible that only the AM section is being used in the PRO-2018. Check IC3 to see if it is a 3361 chip. If so, IC3 pin 9 (TP5) is likely the tap point for the FM detector.

IC4, a Toshiba TA2003F, is an IF chip for both AM and FM. It is possible that only the AM section is being used in the PRO-2018. Check IC3 to see if it is a 3361 chip. If so, IC3 pin 9 (TP5) is likely the tap point for the FM detector.
You are correct and they are visually connect on the board.

ic4, a toshiba ta2003f, is an if chip for both am and fm. It is possible that only the am section is being used in the pro-2018. Check ic3 to see if it is a 3361 chip. If so, ic3 pin 9 (tp5) is likely the tap point for the fm detector.
pro-2018 ic3 ic4 tp4 tp5 discriminator chip modification

Attachments

Circuit complete is it correct?

Here is the completed circuit less securment. Could someone confirm that this will work. Should I add in the other resistor? Is this type capacitor OK? Thanks

Attachments

wrong cap

No throughput to sound card. Removed cap from circuit. Now get excellent audio to card, however it is adjustable via volume control knob. What now? Using DSD+:(

SUCSESS

pro92b, the hero of this mod as without his input it would not have been completed... Thank You
:lol:

I used an 1/8" stereo phone jack instead of a mono jack. The local RS said they didn't make a mono, no problem, unless you solder up the wrong side of the switch pins as I did in these pics. This was the simplest mod I've ever done, (physically), nagging as hell trying to find the info... which still haven't found all the info I need. A how to will be made in the coming days.

The audio will be at a constant level on the cable. You adjust the levels of the audio through your soundcard's mixer levels. Actually quite nice, you can turn the scanner's volume all the way down so you don't have to listen to all of the noise when you are using the decoding software.

Status
Not open for further replies.