Pro-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
I just picked up a Pro-2021 and I noticed the display isn't lit up. I have a second one that I've had for years and the display works great. Is there a way to fix this with lights or do I have to change the display?

If anyone has experience with this scanner let me know.

THX in advance.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I just picked up a Pro-2021 and I noticed the display isn't lit up. I have a second one that I've had for years and the display works great. Is there a way to fix this with lights or do I have to change the display?

If anyone has experience with this scanner let me know.

THX in advance.

RSU Part number 12462230 for the PCB ASSY LCD FUNCTION(DISPLAY) is available for $31.69 plus shipping is you are interested in trplacing the display yourself.

VE5JL

Premium Subscriber
RSU Part number 12462230 for the PCB ASSY LCD FUNCTION(DISPLAY) is available for $31.69 plus shipping is you are interested in trplacing the display yourself.

Thank you for your tip. I'm thinking I may not 'fix' it as it will be used to stream audio for liveatc.

I'll keep that in mind in the event I change my mind.

thank you again!

73's

wmbio

The radio will work fine without the EL display lit as you said. Replacing EL displays for folks who do not have the technical skills to do the work is very brisk. ..These RS/GRE radios are built well and now becoming classics, the Pro-2021, 2004, 2005, 2006, for example, many folks want them restored to perfect working order!

Benzman66

The backlight is really pretty simple to replace. Actually it was one of the first "jobs" I did when I first started doing repairs on scanners. I bought the replacement "light strip" on Ebay which if memory serves me correctly, it was about $5-$10. Had to solder two wires and slide the new strip in behind the display. If you have any type of electronics experience, you can do it!

There is also the "cheaper" non OEM way of repair. Check out this page;

realistic pro-2022 / 2021 lighting mod "UPDATED"

Status
Not open for further replies.