• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

PRO-2041 Loses Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinker

I programmed several conventional channels into bank one of a PRO-2041. I unplugged the radio over night. When I plugged it in the following day the previous day's programming was not there.

I know in my PRO-2066 if the 12 volt supply voltage is allowed to go to zero with the radio on the scanner memory is erased. Is that an issue with this scanner as well? I cannot instantly duplicate this with the PR-2041.

Any clues? I can't find anything on the net that might explain this behavior.

pro92b

PRO-2041 info from the Radio Shack site:

The memory backup circuit begins to function a few minutes after
you supply power to the scanner. How long the scanner will
maintain channels stored in memory depends on how long power has
been supplied to the scanner. If power is continuously supplied
to the scanner for at least 4 days, the memory backup circuit
maintains the channels stored in memory for up to 3 months.

The PRO-2066 should not lose memory since the memory is nonvolatile. Either it needs repair or if all PRO-2066's lose memory, it is a design flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.