pro-2051 skywarn help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby1126

Hey! I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana, and I just purchased a pro-2051 from Radio Shack. I'm new to the prospect of scanning, but I did manage to program the trunking system for Marion County. What I'd like to know is....Can I program more than 1 frequency on channel 1000..(the skywarn freqency on the 2051)? because I live on the border of Marion and Hendricks county, and would like to get both counties....if anyone can help, thanks....I haven't tried to do anything yet, because it is only September, and I don't expect any severe weather for a while...

cnmsales

No, you can only get one channel per slot in each bank. I think you will find that you wont use the skywarn feature very much anyway because it wont work and allow you to scan you other banks at the same time. Something like that anyway. Its not a very usefull feature if you plan on using it for anything else at the same time.

mcema699

Just make 999 Hendricks Co, may not work like you want, but you could scan that last bank.

RadioMarkW

I have 10 skywarn frequencies in bank 10. I have them in channels 901 -1000. I have them locked out so I can scan the bank with out hearing them. When I want to monitor one I hit function and the skywarn button to get to the last channel and then use the up/down buttons to scroll to the channel I want. Works real well. If I want to include one of the chanels in the scanning of bank 10 I just unlock it!

Regards,

mark

Status
Not open for further replies.