Pro 2052 Help Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecentral

Programmed The Scanner For New Jersey Troop C And Set The Scanner For E2-800 System Like The Manual Says But Im Not Recieving Any Traffic What Is Wrong?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you use the freqs as listed in the database here? Are you hearing the control channel - which will sound rather loudly like a digital noise? If you can't hear the control channel cleanly (that is, without any noise or fading), you can't trunk. Make sure you haven't mistakenly locked it out (which is what many do, thinking this must be interference of some kind).

73 Mike

firecentral

Problem

im very familiar with trunking and programming with the 2052 do i have to enter all known frequencies or only the control channels. right now the njsp troop c control channel does trunk i set it to e2-800 and program the id's but the scanner is failing to decode the TG's right now i only have the control chennels programmed for the system my question is for the 2052 do i have to enter every known frequency??

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes, the 2052 is an older scanner, so you need to have all the Troop C freqs programmed in. I'm pretty sure this scanner does not support control-channel only mode.

You didn't seem to answer the primary question though - can you hear the control channel clearly? If it's weak, you won't be able to trunk the system well, if at all. An external antenna will be needed.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.