PRO 2053 scanning but not picking anything up

Status
Not open for further replies.

busdriverstew

Hey guys,

I have a 2053 that just came to me a few days ago. I'm having trouble picking up my 800mhz channels. If I scan manually through them they will broadcast, but if I select "scan" it scans through the banks but won't pick anything up.

These 800mhz channels are on a Motorolla type I system, and I have selected them on the "MOT" setting. If I set them to "FM" they will pick up when I "scan" the banks. Doing this creates a mess of not knowing who I am picking up though.

The first day I had the scanner It seemed to be working okay, and I had changed a few of the Motorolla IDs to common users here (EMS, Couriers, and Garbage collectors), but it seemed that once I named the ID's to custom tags the system stopped working right.

For example one of the id's was "31666" and i changed it to display "EMS"

I'm new to the trunking system and this manual for the scanner seems rather confusing! Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Make sure you do not have the control channels locked out and the bank and channels are set to MOT. These are the frequencies with the loud buzzing sound

busdriverstew

Now just one more question...

Hey guys,

It turned out that I didn't have the control channel programmed, so that's why it wasn't picking up the channels.

My next question is about selecting certain ID's to listen to. There are several channels that I listen to that are shared by other "un-interesting" channels that I don't want to listen to. I've tried to put these ID's in a separate bank, closing the bank, and locking out the ID, but they still come through when I scan.

This manual I have is very complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.