Pro 2054

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpslusser

Anyone have a Pro 2054? I checked the RR wiki on the 2054 and couldn't find the specific's. Does anyone know if their is free programming software out there? Does it support Alpha Tags? Is 50 dollars a goods deal for this scanner?

I can't check Yahoo groups at work....Thanks

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No alpha and no software that I know of, $50 is not bad for a usable scanner though. It just depends on what you need, if you don't see yourself needing trunking then it might work for you.

The 2054 was really a flop for RS though, it's a shame.

dpslusser

Grog said:
No alpha and no software that I know of, $50 is not bad for a usable scanner though. It just depends on what you need, if you don't see yourself needing trunking then it might work for you.

The 2054 was really a flop for RS though, it's a shame.

Ya but I can get the pro 2052 for 50 bucks (new) also. And that used to be a couple hundred dollars when its came out back 2000

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
dpslusser said:
Ya but I can get the pro 2052 for 50 bucks (new) also. And that used to be a couple hundred dollars when its came out back 2000

....and the 2052 was still selling in 2007 where the 2054 was at full price for only a short time before being put on it's extended clearance. The 2052 was and still is a great scanner with many capabilities where the 2054 was just behind the times before it was ever released.

csuh13

Premium Subscriber
Grog said:
....and the 2052 was still selling in 2007 where the 2054 was at full price for only a short time before being put on it's extended clearance. The 2052 was and still is a great scanner with many capabilities where the 2054 was just behind the times before it was ever released.

The 2054 was ordered for RS from GRE as a way for GRE to use up some excess parts. It was never meant to be a long running model. Much like the 2051 was ordered due to a contractual obligation to Uniden.

Status
Not open for further replies.