PRO-2055 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisby1

i recently bought a pro 2055 scanner and am trying to program in for a edacs system but when i program it nothing it has been scanning for 25 min now and still nothing i have 6 control freq and about 33 ids it is a 800 mhz system and i dont know what else to do can any one plz help me i have tryed programming it like 5 times

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It would help if we knew precisely WHAT system you are talking about - did you look in our database? C'mon back with the URL...

As a rule, EDACS systems must be programmed in logical channel number (LCN) order. The little 2 digit number to the left of each frequency is the LCN. The other possibility is that you are not receiving the system well enough to decode it. Yet another possibility is that it is using a format (such as Open Sky or ProVoice) that cannot be decoded by any scanner

This might also help...(note that anything in blue is a link)

Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual

Programming Shortcut pro-2055 - The RadioReference Wiki

HTH...Mike

KB1UAM

Do you have your control channel set to ED? That is a common mistake people make. Also make sure you have 1 system per bank. If you have more than one trunked system in one bank it will not work correctly, 1 trunked system per bank only

DickH

i recently bought a pro 2055 scanner and am trying to program in for a edacs system but when i program it nothing it has been scanning for 25 min now and still nothing i have 6 control freq and about 33 ids it is a 800 mhz system and i dont know what else to do can any one plz help me i have tryed programming it like 5 times

With an EDACS system, the freqs. MUST be in specific channels in your scanner per the LCN (Logical Channel Number). The channel number is the small number in front of each freq. in the database. Some systems skip channels, so be precise.

wisby1

Do you have your control channel set to ED? That is a common mistake people make. Also make sure you have 1 system per bank. If you have more than one trunked system in one bank it will not work correctly, 1 trunked system per bank only
so i got 6 control frequencies so what your telling me is if i have all the control channels in one bank that it will not work and you are also saying that my controll channels need to be set to fm not ed because i do have them set to ed and this is on the clinton county edacs system

DickH

so i got 6 control frequencies so what your telling me is if i have all the control channels in one bank that it will not work and you are also saying that my controll channels need to be set to fm not ed because i do have them set to ed and this is on the clinton county edacs system

Those are NOT control channels. Only the first one (in channel 01) is the control channel. The others are voice channels. If you don't use the correct terminology, it can be confusing both for you and us.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As I mentioned before, you should ignore the concept of a control channel for EDACS programming. Just putting the frequencies in LCN order will do the trick

Mike

wisby1

sorry for not using the proper terms but i really apreciate all the help guys if this does not work then i will let you know what happenes

Status
Not open for further replies.