Pro-2055

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat_SW

Premium Subscriber
I have the Pro-2055 and was trying to set it up for the weather FIPS but cant get it to accept the codes anyone have this problem or can help me ?
thanks in Advance

N1BHH

On Page 51 it says:
1. Press WX to identify the weather station with the strongest signal for your location.
2. Press FUNC and then PROG to access the FIPS code entry table
3. Use the /\ or \/ keys to select the desired FIPS code storage location.
4. Use the numeric keys to enter the desired FIPS code and then pres ENT to store the code. Press TEXT to label the code entry with an alphanumeric text table if desired. Repeat the process for all FIPS codes you may wish to store.
5. Press L/OUT to lock out or enable specific FIPS entries.
6. Press WX to exit FIPS code entry table.
7. Press FUNC and then WX to initiate SAME (aka FIPS) standby. The scanner will monitor the selected weather station for alerts that match the FIPS codes that you entered. To exit SAME standby press FUNC and then WX.

Bandingabout

This is one instance where battery power is superior to grid power. If your power is out, timely notice could be a concern. If violent weather is in the area or expected I trust my power.

n2mdk

I still think it makes more sense to purchase a dedicated weather radio. Using a scanner sort of defeats the purpose of the scanner since it can't use the SAME system and scan at the same time. You can set weather priority which will alert you when it receives the 1050hz tone but the SAME won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.