pro-2096 multisite question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa1emt

Premium Subscriber
i have the arc software to program the pro-2096 but figured i should ask this first.
when i go to have it import the rr freqs for the harris county txwarn system it lists the sites on the left and the talkgroup systems on the right.
how many sites can i put in that system. is it one site per bank or can i do 5 sites per bank.
i cant find this info anywhere.
there are 27 sites but i go thru about 14 of these most frequently.
so how can i program this scanner as i have 10 banks.
then theres the txwarn phase 1 tdma p25 system that has 30 or so sites with some of them rebanded ( 700mhz) of those i only will need about 10 of them.
this is very confusing cause i just cant seem to find the info.
any help would be great.

wa1emt
wa1emt@yahoo.com

n0lqt

With the Pro-2096 and the Pro-96 you need to put a non-trunked, conventional frequency (1300 MHZ FM works real well) between each control frequency to have the radio check other than the first one it comes to.

Additionally, I don't believe the 2096 will trunk on 700 MHz.......

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Plus, if you use multiple "banks" you must put the TG's in each bank....On a Uniden 996XT you can put sites in one System Quick Key (like a bank) and just one set of TG's for the whole system....Also the 996XT does 700mgz and 800mgz any way u want.....

wa1emt

Premium Subscriber
ok. i did that. i am currently installing it in my truck so i havent tried it yet.
i did seperate each cc with 1300mhz.
now here is another question.
some of the new sites on the txwarn p25 system have 700mhz freq's. i have heard that it will and wont do these freq's.
whats the true story?.
it should be possible to trunk track the new 700mhz system.

InlandAZ

i have heard that it will and wont do these freq's whats the true story?.

That is correct - the 96/2096 will not trunc track 700Mhz systems. You can however program the frequencies into the scanner as conventional FM freq's and it will receive them just fine. The problem is, if the site you're monitoring has encrypted or data talkgroups, you won't be able to exclude them.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Also keep in mind that 700 mhz coverage wasn't part of the 2096's design, if memory serves - so if you use that trick to open up frequencies in this range (among others), the sensitivity might be good enough to use, but it could also end up about as useful as a trap door in a canoe :.>>

If that's the case, don't return the scanner thinking it's defective...best regards..Mike

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
If using Win96 put a "checkmark" in the lower box of the opening page for "extended freqys", it worked great listening in non trunking mode unless the system is large....

DonS

To add to the above...

If using Win96 to import from RR, the program will automatically insert a blank channel between sites when importing multiple sites from the same system.

Status
Not open for further replies.