Pro - 2096 No Audio on Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,

Im sitting here pulling what little hair I have left out , while programming a law enforcement friend's Pro-2096. I have programmed it the same way as I have programmed my own personal Pro-197 (which works perfectly) and I am not getting any audio on the Digital Talk Groups on the 2096.

For Example: I am programming in our county in WV for our new APCO 25 WVIRP Radio System
Bank 0 I programmed the 6 channels for the RIDGE(Hampshire) Site , which is what our local jurisdiction dispatches off of. Same six channels obviously that I programmed into my PRO-197 . I made certain to put the channels as MO, for Motorola Digital Channels.

I turned the bank into a Motorola Trunk Bank and programmed in the Talk Groups.

I turned the ATT on and the AGC off (Bear in mind I have tried those in multiple different positions "on,off")

I am not getting a DG signal when the talk group is active.

It is activating the system when a transmission is made , stopping on the appropriate talk group , but it is NOT making any audible noise or talking , therefore I can not hear the conversation on the appropriate talk group.

The conventional channels that I have programmed into different banks (not the same bank as the digital trunked channels) are working fine and volume works fine.

Also , when i go into manual mode certain control channels are in constant squelch, the other channels in the bank are not, but the control channels are always opened up.

I am not sure of the upgrade firmware version (anyone tell me how to find it and i will be able to answer that)

I have tried the scanner in different areas of the house to no avail, I have tried the antenna from my pro-197 to no avail. Depending on where in the house it is ranging from 18% to 98% on the control channel , and still not making proper audio when scanning and it comes up on a channel. Just thumbing through the individual channels using the MANUAL button it will occasionally pick up some activity , but not when scanning, obviously depending on what frequency is being used at that time by that talk group.

Any help would be appreciated

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Did you do the custom table in the 2096?
The following information is from West Virginia Interoperability Radio Project (WVIRP) Trunking System, Statewide, West Virginia - Scanner Frequencies

Custom GRE/Radio Shack Frequency Table

Table 1:

With WIN96 software for the PRO 96/2096 scanner:

1. Prompt "MULTI TABLES"
2. Prompt "EXTENDED TRUNKING TABLES"
3. Do not prompt any "STANDARD PLANS"
4. "CH LOW" 8192 "CH HI" 12287 "BASE FREQ" 453.0250 "OFFSET" 8192 "STEP" 12.5
5. "CH LOW 12288 "CH HI" 16383 "BASE FREQ" 450.0000 "OFFSET" 12288 "STEP" 6.25
6. clear all other trunking tables, and prompt "OK"
7. Don't forget to save your file!

Custom Uniden Frequency Tables

Table 1:

Base: 452.0000
Space: 12.5
Offset: 380

Table 2:

Base: 460.0000
Space: 12.5
Offset: 570

jamesa53

Im probably missing something but it looks like how to do this via the keypad is on pages 35-36 of the PRO-96 manual......

DonS

Im probably missing something but it looks like how to do this via the keypad is on pages 35-36 of the PRO-96 manual......

Those instructions are for the single-entry "Custom table", which is used only for Motorola (3600bps CC) VHF and UHF systems. The 6-entry "Multi table" settings require external software.

jamesa53

Those instructions are for the single-entry "Custom table", which is used only for Motorola (3600bps CC) VHF and UHF systems. The 6-entry "Multi table" settings require external software.

Thank you for explaining that. I see the difference now.:) Looks like its possible to make one table entry via the keypad but not for multiple tables. Is it correct that the OP could make one of the two entries necessary?

DonS

Thank you for explaining that. I see the difference now.:) Looks like its possible to make one table entry via the keypad but not for multiple tables. Is it correct that the OP could make one of the two entries necessary?

No.

The "Custom" entry is only used for M36 control channels, and then only for VHF and UHF below 512MHz.

For M36 UHF above 512MHz (e.g. "rebanded" 800MHz systems) or for P25, you must use the "Multi table" entries.

Ok so am i gathering that is it impossible to program the WVIRP into the Pro 2096 scanner with out the software? I had no problem programming the wvirp channels into the Pro-197 manuallly with zero problems. I just wanna make sure that there is nothing i can do before I tell the guy I cant fix it and he needs to take it to someone else to program it..

Thanks

DonS

Ok so am i gathering that is it impossible to program the WVIRP into the Pro 2096 scanner with out the software? I had no problem programming the wvirp channels into the Pro-197 manuallly with zero problems. I just wanna make sure that there is nothing i can do before I tell the guy I cant fix it and he needs to take it to someone else to program it..

Thanks

If the system requires more than one table setting, it is not possible to program it from the PRO-96/2096 user interface. External software is required.

The PRO-106/197 / PSR-500/600 is different: that family allows you to program the "multi tables" from the scanner's UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.