Pro 2096 usb cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
ActionSeeker said:
Hello,

I have Vista and it works for me. Make sure you have the right com port picked.
I have 2 pc's with vista does not detect the cable when i plug it in to install the hardware driver but the weird thing is the cable thet comes with the psr 600 work's are these the same cables?

ActionSeeker

timjude said:
I have 2 pc's with vista does not detect the cable when i plug it in to install the hardware driver but the weird thing is the cable thet comes with the psr 600 work's are these the same cables?

Manually set the Com port to 1,2,3 or 4. If I remember my computer used 4. This is what I had to do. Also , like Alabama said "Download the newest USB driver".

Last edited:

n2mdk

timjude said:

There should be no difference in the 2 cables, the one that came with the 600should work with the 2096. If the drivers for that cable are installed when you plug the RS cable in it's probably getting seen as the same cable. Did you check Windows Device Manager with the cable plugged in to sre if it's being recognized.

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
n2mdk said:
There should be no difference in the 2 cables, the one that came with the 600should work with the 2096. If the drivers for that cable are installed when you plug the RS cable in it's probably getting seen as the same cable. Did you check Windows Device Manager with the cable plugged in to sre if it's being recognized.
Yea when i plugged it in no leds or nothing no matter what i do,recon it may be a bad cable?
I did use the cable that came with the psr 600 on the same pc and it worked fine..My friend bought this one for his 2096..It shows up as unknown device and it wont update the driver

Last edited:

rabidmoose57

If misery loves company....

I've gone thruogh 2 of the afore mentioned cables, and downloaded every new driver for them I could find. Not one stinking thing will work. Either the drivers won't load to the cable or vista refuses to recognise the cable. I've decided to find someone with xp on thier machine to do the job for me. After a year of battling vista, I just give up.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
i have vista also
has same problem with cable
com setting in os of computer was off

Status
Not open for further replies.