• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Pro-2096 vs Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

jehm1212

I've heard a lot of comparison between the Pro-96/2096 and other scanners. But how do they compare to each other? Is the 2096 any more/less sensitve than the 96? Does it ovelroad as easily? I hooked up my 96 to my newly installed 800MHz antenna on my truck, and was a little surprised. I guess it was overloaded because the signals got worse. Using my 396, the signals get much better. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

rananthony04

I have a pro-96 and a 2096, which is mounted in my tahoe. I also use the stock glass mount antenna that they "recommend" you buy with the 2096. I have had NO problems with either one. When stationary, I would press the scan button at the same time (I have them both programmed identically) and both scanners land on each channel in perfect synchronization. Hope that helps.

-Robert
Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.