Pro 25 wall wart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I came across a Pro 25 8 channel cystal scanner for FREE. It was the FIRST scanner I ever had. Trying to find the part number for the wall wart for this unit. I bought my first pro 25 in 1985.... Yes I am OLD!

JESSERABBIT

Extensive research resulted in the owner's manual for the Pro-95 (200-525). Power specifications indicate-power, 9vDC, 300ma required. Chargers-RS 273-1810 and RS 273-1815. Size B adpta plug. MAKE SURE VOLTAGE IS SET TO 9 volts. I don't know if either charger is still available, but you may find a substute as long as the polarity as well, as the voltage and amperage are the same as well as the size of the plug.

N8IAA

JESSERABBIT said:
Extensive research resulted in the owner's manual for the Pro-95 (200-525). Power specifications indicate-power, 9vDC, 300ma required. Chargers-RS 273-1810 and RS 273-1815. Size B adpta plug. MAKE SURE VOLTAGE IS SET TO 9 volts. I don't know if either charger is still available, but you may find a substute as long as the polarity as well, as the voltage and amperage are the same as well as the size of the plug.

The Pro-95 is not at all like the Pro-25. What is the catalog # on the back of the scanner? It will reveal more on the radio shack site than searching for a scanner that is 10+ years newer. You can hurt the radio with the wrong plug and voltage.
Larry

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Interestingly enough, there are two Pro-25 scanners! Each with a different part number. I agree that the 200-525 (Pro-95) specs have nothing to do with either.

The earlier Pro-25 (200-106) indeed does not have much information available on the RS site (see this page), the the Pro-25 (200-505) has much more information available, see here.

You should review the 200-505 to see if it is just an updated version of the one you have. I really can't tell because I have never seen either one of them. If so the 200-505 lists the proper "wall wart" and voltage (not 9 volts BTW) to feed it. You could also look at the jack point on the scanner, mostly the voltage and polarity are placed right there.

SCPD

QRT
The radio has Two holes. One for charge and one for power. Below the holes is DC 6V and + C- -
Thank You to everyone and enjoy the rest of your week-end!

V/R
Mark

SCPD

QRT
I just checked the 200-505. It has two holes like my 200-106, but the 200-505 is 9V. Once again Thank You to everyone for your help.

Mark

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
investigator16 said:
The radio has Two holes. One for charge and one for power. Below the holes is DC 6V and + C- -
Thank You to everyone and enjoy the rest of your week-end!

V/R
Mark
I am guessing from what you describe ("+ C- -") that it is a 6V DC input with the center pin being the negative (-) side and the shield being positive (+). Actually I think that RS used to use that configuration a lot (I know that my Pro-92's used the same but they were 9V DC). Go into a RS and have them "fit" an adapta-plug for your specific need (bring the radio), then get a 6V 300 mA (min) "wall wart", they should throw the adapta-plug in for nothing. A quick search at the RS site shows a 800 mA one, but you may find one in a local store that is not quite so large. See that you set the center pin for negative (-) and you should be good to go.

SCPD

QRT
THANKS Lou..... I am at the station today. I will go by there tomorrow or Thurs. I was hoping to find the one that I had with my first pro 25.... got a call..................

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
investigator16 said:
THANKS Lou..... I am at the station today. I will go by there tomorrow or Thurs. I was hoping to find the one that I had with my first pro 25.... got a call..................

If you don't find one let me know. I'm pretty sure I have one with the correct voltage, and current, in my junk box. You may have to change the plug type. You can have it for the cost of shipping.

SCPD

QRT
Gentlemen.... I found a Pro-25 on Ebay and the A/C plug is a 20-189A. Once again Thank You to Everyone!

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.