PRO 26: Low Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Picked up a PRO 26 off eBay cheap and the speaker is very low, almost unusable. When I plug in a headphone, it plays at full volume. This leads me towards a bad speaker, but I wanted to consult the experts here on how hard it would be to find a replacement speaker. Should I just go through eBay and get my money back ($30), I really liked this scanner, and was thrilled when I found it again for cheap.

marksmith

The radio is a non trunking non digital scanner. There are a number of new choices under $100 for radios of this type, as in many areas there are a lot of limits to what you can listen to.

For $10-15 you can get a good set of powered pc speakers for it if you will be stationary.

If you really like the radio, you can spend as much as you have already spent and get another speaker for it, if that is the problem.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I'm leaning towards a bad speaker. I had this model 20 years ago and loved it! When I saw one for $30 on eBay- I figured, sure why not. Just could get another pro 26 I guess for parts.

marksmith

Into it for the hobby, I would say go for it. Just keep in mind the limitations of that radio in the current era of trunking and digital reception, and the alternative value of putting the money towards something more capable.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.