PRO-651 not finding talk on programmed frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayboydog

one more time:

in scan when good unit find talk, display shows P25:466 S/ Stor when talk ends, the "/" is gone and after short delay the display is fast changing frequencies' names.

in manual monitor a single frequency, the good unit displays P25:Search until talk is found. during talk P25L466 S/ Stor then after talk ends constant display of P25:466

the non-functioning scanner display fast changing frequencies' names. in manual single frequency monitoring the display is constant P25:Search. never change from these two displays.

I have programmed frequencies on several PRO-651 and this is the first which did not squawk on any frequency other than Wx. I cloned the working scanner into the non-functioning unit and nothing changed other than the programmed frequencies in the non-working one.

jayboydog

the instruction manuals state that cloning can be successful between and combination of PRO-96 and PRO-2096. I have no problem when cloning frequencies from a PRO-96 to another PRO-96. both units display indicates cloning mode. however when I use the same 3.5mm stereo cable to connect two PRO-2096 neither unit display indicates cloning mode. When I connect a PRO-96 and PRO-2096, the PRO-96 display indictes cloning mode but the PRO-2096 does not indicate cloning mode. I am able to begin the cloning with the PRO-96 as source. the PRO-96 goes through the normal sequence of lighting each rectangle on the bottom of the display and says to exit disconnect the cable. the PRO-2096 displayed Scan up the whole time the cloning source went through the cloning process. the PRO-2096 did not receive the frequencies sent by the PRO-96. why would the PRO-2096s not enter cloning mode? Is the problem the 3.5mm stereo cable used with a PRO-2096?

BananaPepper

The PRO-651 requires a 3.5 mm, 3 conductor (2 rings) cable.
check that.
Are you monitoring P25 digital frequencies? If so, have you programmed a talk group or wild card?

Status
Not open for further replies.