PRO-668 screen protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE4W

Premium Subscriber
I had read a review that said the screen was very easy to scratch. So I found an unused screen protector in my junk drawer (Halo brand I got off ebay) that was made for my smartphone. I cut it down to the right size with scissors, and applied it right after I removed the factory plastic from the scanner. I think it's going to work out well.

I recently bought an old, old RS scanner for $10 that had a terribly worn & scratched display. Even though I was able to polish it back to life using Novus polish, I decided that for the 668 I'd try to avoid the problem in the first place.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
It should .... I scored a ton of universal screen protectors from a Radio Shack store for next to nothing and use them for a lot of things...... scanners included.

prplehz

I'm going to guess that whomever said it scratches easy, probably never took the plastic film off the display. It will show what look like scratches easily if left on. They aren't scratches per say. More like swirling occurring on the film from very fine scratches. I left my film on just to see how long it will last. I just clean it and give it a good buff now and then and it looks fine.

NE4W

Premium Subscriber
The factory covering on mine looked terrible, and was very thin. The true screen protector, I'm guessing, is 3 times as thick, and clearer.

baybum

Has anyone ever seen "magnifying" screen protectors? That would eliminate having to put on my drug-store glasses every time I wanted to read the screen, on any scanner, or phone.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to guess that whomever said it scratches easy, probably never took the plastic film off the display. .

I took the plastic film off my first one ..... the screen scratches easy. ( should have left that plastic on )

On my second one I removed the film and put in place a screen protector.

It's a plastic cover over the LCD, it will scratch easily.

Glass would be better and Gorilla Glass would be even better that plain glass.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone ever seen "magnifying" screen protectors? That would eliminate having to put on my drug-store glasses every time I wanted to read the screen, on any scanner, or phone.

That would be cool !

DJ11DLN

That would be cool !

Big +1 on that! I'd buy one...well, several. Seems like I can never remember which side of the bifocals to try to peek through.:roll:

I had the best of intentions of keeping the plastic on the screen when I got mine. First day I had it, one tiny corner came unpeeled...darn thing stuck to my hand when I picked up the scanner, when I sat it down, it came right off.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.