pro-668 seems deaf on 900mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngel

Hey all , My pro-668 seems deaf on 900 Mhz band. I am trying to monitor this local power company system Tarpon Springs Site Details (Duke Energy (Florida)). I have tried the global attenuator , Attenuation only and then just normal mode. I can only get it sporadically around my home and only with my telescoping antenna. Is this normal? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Septa3371CSX1

I have issues monitoring 936 and 937 MHz frequencies on my 668. For me it seems like there is tremendous front end overload on those frequencies. It doesn't really make a difference when I turn the attenuation on. That may be your issue.

ngel

I have issues monitoring 936 and 937 MHz frequencies on my 668. For me it seems like there is tremendous front end overload on those frequencies. It doesn't really make a difference when I turn the attenuation on. That may be your issue.

Yeah I am thinking that is my problem for sure. On 939 and 938 I am showing the typical 5 bars of noise while searching that band. That would explain why i am having a hard time picking up the system. The system is not low power so that shouldn't be an issue. Now it seems the noise disappears depending on where I am in my house. So something is obviously interfering.

Status
Not open for further replies.