PRO-668 Stuck on Logo Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibs

My PRO-668 Handheld Scanner is stuck on the logo screen. I've updated the scanner's CPU software (uP BootVer: RF1.1, uP App Ver: RU2.4). I've installed a new SanDisk microSD card; formatted the card with SDFormatter and RadioShack PRO-668 Programming System software. Using the RadioShack PRO-668 software, I've prepared the Memory/SD Card for use. None of this has fixed the problem. The only way to power down the scanner is to remove the batteries. Any ideas on what I should try next?

Swipesy

Sounds like a SDCard issue. SanDisk cards are good cards and I have never had an issue with them in my PSR-800. Try reformating the card again. When the scanner hangs like yours the only way to shut down is to remove all power sources. I would bet 99% the card is bad. If a reformat does not work try another new card.

Skibs

I've tried reformatting the SD card numerous times and I've tried another new SD card. The scanner still sticks on the Logo Screen after reading the SD card on power up. I have no issues communicating with the scanner and SD card through the USB cable. I can read and write without any problems.

Where can I purchase a microSD card with the PRO-668 files loaded? If I could install a known working SD card, then I could determine if the problem is the SD card or the scanner.

TAbirdman

Have you tried powering it up WITHOUT an SD card installed? If it still only shows the logo screen and not an error message, then you may have firmware issues.

Skibs

Without the SD card installed, I get the following error "-Error Detected- Please see User Guide for more information. Code: 3-00". Also, I'm able to power off the scanner without removing the batteries.

TAbirdman

Ok, that part is good. Do you know of anyone close by with another 668/800/1080 that you can try there SD card in your unit?

Skibs

Unfortunately I do not know anyone in this area that has a PRO-668. I was hoping to find someone that would sell a known working microSD card with the files loaded. With a known working microSD card, I can determine if my scanner is broke.

N8IAA

Unfortunately I do not know anyone in this area that has a PRO-668. I was hoping to find someone that would sell a known working microSD card with the files loaded. With a known working microSD card, I can determine if my scanner is broke.

Does your computer have a card reader? You can use the software to prepare you a new SD card. Then you can test it against the original. Just remember to format the new card through the software.
Larry

Skibs

My computer does not have a built-in SD Card reader. But, I have formatted the microSD card with my computer using an USB SD Card Reader. And I've tried both the sdcard.org SDFormatter and RadioShack PRO-668 Programming System software.

AtlasFBG2

Have you tried reloading the firmware?

Press and hold menu then power to put it in update mode then you can connect the usb cord and reload the firmware. Might be worth a try.

Skibs

Yes, I've updated the scanner's CPU software (uP BootVer: RF1.1, uP App Ver: RU2.4). And I've tried numerous 4GB microSD cards. It's still stuck on the Radio Shack logo screen. I don't know what else to try. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Paco-Jerte

You Member, Member!
Yes, I've updated the scanner's CPU software (uP BootVer: RF1.1, uP App Ver: RU2.4). And I've tried numerous 4GB microSD cards. It's still stuck on the Radio Shack logo screen. I don't know what else to try. Thanks for all the recommendations.

read your private message. I can probably help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.