Pro-668:what's the latest firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackswan73

Do note that the semicolon is part of the password for the 668 directory. As soon as I can get everything transferred from my tablet to my laptop, I have some hacking software to modify exe and dat files.

thegriff

Premium Subscriber
Since we have the firmware for the RS, should be pretty easy to reflash back if the 1080 firmware does error out. In fact the already bricked 651/652 radios most likely could be unbricked if we had the original firmware. What CPU is used? Atmel, Rockchip, Broadcom, etc?

Do you know if there has been an example of someone unbricking the 668? What you're saying makes sense to me but I've also seen cases of other devices being perma-bricked despite having original firmware.

AtlasFBG2

The only known cases of a bricked 668 have been with someone using the psr800 firmware.
Can anyone point to a report of a bricked 668 using the whistler firmware?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I did some checking and I had the directory path wrong. If you want to give it another shot let me know how it goes this time.

I only set this up for the 668, not any of the other ones (so far).

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
If this does work, I can possibly set something up with a proxy server so you won't need to edit your hosts file.

nutrot

"Whistle-Shack" or "Whistle-Brick", what will it become :D

This shouldnt work. Everything I've learned points to a brick.

However, Ive lived through nagra1 and nagra2 and know that sometimes bunny's are able to grow wings and fly.

Blackswan73

This shouldnt work. Everything I've learned points to a brick.

However, Ive lived through nagra1 and nagra2 and know that sometimes bunny's are able to grow wings and fly.

Been there, done that Alabamafreetoair. ;)
BS

Last edited by a moderator:

W8WCA

Well:

I guess there is some other issue now:

There was an error downloading the firmware. The error received was: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I see you actually got farther that time. I edited another file. I am not sure if the program does a check against them or not

Blackswan73

Rename WS1080e_U2.6.bin to PRO668_U2.4.bin, and put it in the 668 directory. Iscan isn't going to accept it if it is named 1080. My guess is there is a string match algorithm. Might even have to rename to PRO668_F2.3.bin.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
So what I did was put all the files I modified back to the way they were, and renamed the WS1080e_U2.6 file to PRO668_F2.3.bin. If this works right, you should be able to download that as if you were going to re-install that firmware.

nutrot

Rename WS1080e_U2.6.bin to PRO668_U2.4.bin, and put it in the 668 directory. Iscan isn't going to accept it if it is named 1080. My guess is there is a string match algorithm. Might even have to rename to PRO668_F2.3.bin.

i'd be really surprised if there wasnt a checksum comparison. However, I dont see any form of checksum in any of the readable files. Pretty scary if the app is just downloading and updating the microcode without checking the integrity of the files.

NYG

Maybe you should make an additional copy and name it PRO668_F2.4.bin since F2.3 is already the current.

Blackswan73

Retro posted there is a way to force flash. That would indicate likely no checksum. Been wondering about that, some kind of power on key combo? Like Sonicviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.