Pro-668:what's the latest firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Pro-668 whats the latest firmware?

Click the UPDATES tab in your I-scan menus and see.

Blackswan73

There were two updates. First fixed the EDACS bug, and second recalibrated battery meter
Current:
UP app ver-2.3
DSP app ver.-1.3
DSP VOC ver-1.6

Last edited by a moderator:

thegriff

Premium Subscriber
I have clicked the updates tab and found no updates. In fact the iScan software says everything is stock. My versions however match what muskrat39 had posted so perhaps it came from the factory "updated". Thank you muskrat39 for the reply.

Radiobern

Feed Provider
There were two updates. First fixed the EDACS bug, and second recalibrated battery meter
Current:
UP app ver-2.3
DSP app ver.-1.3
DSP VOC ver-1.6

I believe those updates were only for the PSR-800 and WS1080. I have the same exact version numbers and the EDACS patch bug is definitely present. The battery meter was also not re-calibrated but I did change the values that were from another posting. If you check the release notes, there is no mention of fixing any of those bugs or any further updates since 2.3 which came out August 2014.

nutrot

I believe those updates were only for the PSR-800 and WS1080. I have the same exact version numbers and the EDACS patch bug is definitely present. The battery meter was also not re-calibrated but I did change the values that were from another posting. If you check the release notes, there is no mention of fixing any of those bugs or any further updates since 2.3 which came out August 2014.

I was thinking about using the updated battery levels from the psr800/ws1080 but they mention "changed battery level algorithms" in the firmware which I am sure we dont have yet. Do you notice a difference?

We are behind in firmware from our gre/whister brethren.

ngel

You can update your pro-668 with ws1080 firmware.I have the ws1080 and pro-668,now i have the ws1080 and what i call the whistle-shack1080.

Can you confirm that you have actually updated a 668 with 1080 firmware? CPU or DSP?
Last i have heard, multiple people say updating a radio shack model with whistler model will "brick" the radio , as they have different splash screen start up etc... functionally the same though!

scosgt

The one post wonder is telling you to brick your radio.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON.

Whistle-Shack

Can you confirm that you have actually updated a 668 with 1080 firmware? CPU or DSP?
Last i have heard, multiple people say updating a radio shack model with whistler model will "brick" the radio , as they have different splash screen start up etc... functionally the same though!

Yes,When the pro-668 boots up no more radio shack logo.its now whistler logo and firmware 2.6.To do this one needs to locate and download ws1080 firmware directory.Then get iscan software to accept it.All GEROM,WHISTLER and RADIO SHACK FIRMWARE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SEVER LOCATION.

AtlasFBG2

Yes,When the pro-668 boots up no more radio shack logo.its now whistler logo and firmware 2.6.To do this one needs to locate and download ws1080 firmware directory.Then get iscan software to accept it.All GEROM,WHISTLER and RADIO SHACK FIRMWARE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SEVER LOCATION.

So whats the link to the server?

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber

I know the PSR-800 uses a different DVSI vocoder, so not sure about the R/S PRO-668 and Whistler WS1080, if they are in fact the same without doing a teardown. As did notice the BNC connector on the R/S is not the same as the Whistler. So who knows what else they changed, or cut cost on the R/S version

retropcdos

Premium Subscriber
If you did get the firmware to work, then show us a picture of scanner. just push menu button when scanner powered off and hit power, so we can see firmware that was installed. If you can't then most are going to assume it didn't happen.

Whistle-Shack

So whats the link to the server?

This what i did to get the for all 3 scanners.i installed the software for all 3 radios (psr-800 ws1080 pro-668).Then i used wireshark to capture to GET Request for each software when using the update software function.In those packets reveals the path to the server directory and the username and password.

prs-800: http://scanner-update.com/0602902/public/

Credentials: 902Public Iiu893@f

pro-668: http://scanner-update.com/pro668/public/

Credentials: pro668Public ;oeig(@p06

ws1080:
http://scanner-update.com/ws1080/public/

Credentials: ws1080Public 1Lus*eug84

Whistle-Shack

If you did get the firmware to work, then show us a picture of scanner. just push menu button when scanner powered off and hit power, so we can see firmware that was installed. If you can't then most are going to assume it didn't happen.

I would take a video but that would not prove anything.Their will still be people saying i just switched cases.It works as i said.

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
You can update your pro-668 with ws1080 firmware.I have the ws1080 and pro-668,now i have the ws1080 and what i call the whistle-shack1080.

Okay Whistle-Shack , once files are downloaded can you give a step by step on updating the firmware.

If this is to be true Whistle-Shack will be a legend amongst scanner enthusiast . Bill Cheek would be proud.

Blackswan73

Site looks genuine, and file dates look correct. The updater exe files are very similar to the firmware updater utilities we use to use with FTA satellite receivers. Each brand had its own update utility, Blackbird, Pansat, Coolsat, etc. Looks interesting. Need to dig up my hex editor, and decompiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.